XIII • CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED

Comenzar desde el principio

"And I don't like that disadvantage, so..." Damon claps his hands together, "Chop, chop." He starts to walk out of the room casually in a relaxed manner, turns around, and continues to walk backwards out of the room while speaking to his brother, "You know, I really like this whole duo team thing." He chuckles. "Don't screw it up." He walks out the wide open door.

After one second, Stefan looks back down at the old picture from 1864, at his love's young photo, before he dials Rosie/Minerva on his phone again.

****

Gilbert Residence

Elena is browsing through a few big cardboard boxes of some old family memorabilia. Stefan sits on the kitchen island while Rosie/Minerva is pacing around, both watching her as he contemplates more about his brother.

"Do you think Damon really believes us? That we're all trying to help him?" Rosie/Minerva brought up a question, more likely for her own ex-fiancé.

"I don't think Damon knows what to believe. Trust isn't something that comes naturally to him." Stefan pointed out, as a matter of fact, nervously. His brother may be reckless, but Damon Salvatore is not stupid. He's slick.

"You know...I really think that Damon believes that everything he's done, every move that he's made, he's done for love. It's twisted, but kind of sad." Rosie/Minerva commented as a review through close observation; she lives with the constant, clichéd belief that every person-- good or bad, loves. No matter how morbid or twisted it may be, Damon Salvatore‐- the big bad vampire brother, does all the things he has done out of love for Katherine.

Elena can't help but agree to this review — Damon's story is pretty sad. Twisted, morbid, reckless. But it's sad. His first love was taken away from him for one hundred and forty-five years, therefore it's no wonder he would do all these bad things to the people in Mystic Falls. He did it all out of love. Stefan understands how much love his brother has for their ex-girlfriend, although he remains constant with the belief that their love wasn't real.

"There are other ways to get what you want. You don't have to kill people. Damon has no regard for human life. He enjoys inflicting pain on others. For a hundred and forty-five years, every single time that I have let my guard down and let Damon back into my life, he's done something to make me regret that. I'm not going to make that mistake again." Stefan proclaimed.

He doesn't want to lose. He won't let his brother win once again.

"So what do you think will happen if the tomb gets opened and Damon gets Katherine back?" Elena asked, nervous at the magical possibility.

"Trouble." Rosie/Minerva replied her own honest opinion since she heard many bad things about Katherine Pierce at this point, who's selfish.

"I think that no matter what Damon promises, a lot of people will die."

Elena exhales loudly and picks up an old vintage photo from the box. Stefan gets up and stands behind her, examining the old, familiar photo as well, to see a familiar young man with short dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, smartly dressed in a smart though mid-nineteenth century old black suit. Rosie/Minerva comes over to see the unfamiliar old photo as well, frowning.

"That's Jonathan Gilbert." Stefan labeled as his ex-girlfriend's ancestor — an intelligent businessman, a genius inventor, a member of the Town Council.