Chapter 3: Do you eat your boogers!?

Janessa’s POV

                I huffed as I dragged yet another heavy box across the cement and towards the front door. The door was dark brown with a plain ole’ knob on it, but I knew that behind that door was anything but ordinary.

                Every time the door was opened I still felt a little bit of my breath taken away. The first sight you saw when you entered the door was a grand hanging chandelier.  Then a beautiful, but also unnecessary ‘shoe room’. Shelves lined the walls filled with different types of shoes, all men’s, but Cole had cleared away a whole wall of his just for Addie and I. 

                Cole was right when he said that all the men here would love Addison. When I brought her over yesterday she had everyone wrapped around her finger in no time. She was a little upset that she hasn’t gotten to meet my ‘boyfriend’ yet, but when everyone started bribing her to stop crying with candy those tears stopped pretty damn fast. She definitely has the fake tears down.

                I was brought out of my reverie when I slammed into something. Hard. No, it wasn’t one of those cliché moments when I ran into Cole and we stared into each other’s eyes, but rather, I smashed right into a damn door.

                My face flamed as I pushed open the door and into the next room. The living room was very spacious, filled with tan leather couches and a 65” flat screen TV. The walls were a plain white, but pictures decorated each wall. They went anywhere from pictures of Cole and his friends to priceless pieces of art. Not something I expected to see in this certain house.

                The kitchen was equal in beauty and pizzazz, completed with black granite counter tops, a red backsplash, stainless steel appliances, and last but not least black tile with intricate silver details on every one. The rest of the house was decorated the same, full of maturity and overall done very tastefully.

                A smile etched its way onto my face when I finished dragging the box into Addis’s bedroom.  Cole had it designed especially for her, stuffed full of toys, dress up clothes, tea sets, you name it. It was decorated in all pink and purple, and the backboard of her bed was in the shape of a tiara. It was completely made for Addison, and she hasn’t left her room since.

                “Nessi look at all the princess dresses I have now! A man named William brought them to me and said that since I was such a pretty princess that I needed to dress like one! They’re so sparkly! Please can I keep them, oh please?” I looked down at all the dresses scattered on her floor with a small smile on my face. When we were on our own, I never had enough money for one dress let alone seven of them!

                “Of course you can keep them princess come here.” I kneeled down and held my arms out expectantly.

                She ran towards me at the speed of lightening, crushing herself to me while screaming excitedly in my ear. Well there goes my ear drum. “Can I meet Cole today?”

                “Sure squirt, just let me go and make sure that his office isn’t a mess.” More like make sure there aren’t any drugs in his office.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

                “Are you sure you don’t have any drugs on you?” I asked him for the millionth time.

                “You wanna give me a pat-down babe?” He answered with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him and huffed while storming away to go and get Addi.

                What an insufferable little prick! Trying to get under my skin and make me angry! Well it’s not going to happen!

                “Come on squirt, time to meet Cole.” Before I could even finish my sentence she started to tug on my hand, indicating that I should lead the way.

                “What does he look like? What color are his eyes? Does he have cooties? Is he a bad guy? Will he like me? Do you think he’ll lift me up like an airplane like you used to do for me ‘til I got too heavy? Do you have a big crush on him? Does he eat his boogers? Because I remember you told me that eating boogers was icky and he’s icky if he eats his boogers!” She ended huffing and puffing.

                I laughed softly before opening the door to Cole’s office and said, “Why don’t you just ask him yourself squirt?”

                Her eyes got big as saucers when she looked up at him, and she hid behind my leg with her cheeks flaming.

                “Come here honey, I won’t hurt you.” Cole’s voice was soft and soothing, and Addison instantly ran to his side like an obedient puppy dog.

                She looked up at him with a straight, all business looking face and said, “Do you eat your boogers?”

                Cole burst out laughing and hauled her up onto his lap looking at her with eyes filled with adoration. “No sweetheart I don’t eat my boogers,  my eyes are grey, I’m a good guy, I definitely like little princesses like you,” He added a little tickle to her tummy with that one.”I’ll lift you up like an airplane whenever you want, and you want to know the biggest secret of all?” He leaned in with a look of exaggerated mischief.

                Addison nodded her head eagerly, and I knew she was excited that he was telling her one of his secrets. He leaned into her ear slowly, locking eyes with me, a smirk glued onto his lips while he whispered just loud enough for me to hear, “Your sister has such a big crush on me, that she kisses me, even though she knows I have lots, and lots of cooties.”

                My sister slowly turned to look at me, he mouth open as big as it could go, and she stage whispered to me, “Nessie, when he told me his secret guess what he did?!”

                “What did he do Addi?” I asked in amusement while ruffling her hair.

                “He farted!” She fell giggling onto the floor. I looked up to Cole, ready to tease him about his farting issues, but when I looked up I saw he had a little keypad. Whenever he pushed a little button on it, it would make a little farty noise.

                He pushed it again while grasping his stomach and groaning, making Addison laugh even worse.

                This was definitely a side that I never expected a gang leader to have.

                So everyone, let’s get the facts straight. Cole Savage is an utter softy when it came to little kids.

A/N

I’m so sorry for the long wait and thats its so short! I’m having some medical issues but I hope you enjoy! Love you!

Lynn <3