A Break?

L I L I

"Fine. Then maybe we should just take a break or something." I huffed. Cole scoffs at me, speechless for a moment. 

"Whatever you want lili." Cole mumbled walking into the their room and shutting the door harshly. The anger in my chest flared and I grabbed my purse walking out of the apartment, slamming the door.

~next day~

"So what happens now?" Cami asks, eyebrows furrowed. 

"I dunno." I mumble.

"Well do you regret anything? Or do you really want to break up?" She asks.

"No. No I don't want to break up," I say biting my lip, " I love him."

"Then what's stopping you from making up with him?"

I blink quickly keeping in a couple tears, "I'm scared that he's mad and thinks I really broke up with him." 

"Honey, I get it but you're both complete idiots that are madly in love. I'm sure he wants you back." 

Before I can open my mouth Cole walks in without a word, hard eyes and lips pressed together. My stomach and aches and I stumble out of my seat mumbling some excuse before leaving the makeup trailer. 

~a week later~

I wring my fingers through each other, fumbling with my hands nervously. My throat is dry as I shift on my feet in front of the familiar door. I finally work up the courage to lift my hand and knock on the door, our much too familiar knock. 

He opens the door a second later and my planned words fall out of my heads as more nerves take over. I open my mouth and he furrows his eyebrows when nothing comes out. 

"I um, sorry-I" I stumble over my attempted words and I can feel my chest getting tight. Cole's face grows concerned and he steps back giving me room to walk in. Once I'm inside he directs me to the kitchen table where we both sit down.

"What's up Lili?" He asks. I don't speak, I can feel my lip quivering and the tears are welling up quickly behind my eyes.

"Hey, look at me," He says, "you know you can tell me anything." I nod and salty tears start to slide down my face. I bury my head in my hands and try to calm down my sobs. Next thing I know Cole is kneeling beside me, prying my hands away from my face only to keep a tight grip on them and he catches my gaze. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I choke. He shakes his head right away and softy brushes his thumb across my cheek only drying it momentarily. He stands up and pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back in an attempt to lessen my sobs. 

I sniffle loudly and look and at him, "Can I come home please." I ask quietly, tears still steaming down my face. 

"Of course you can," He answers pulling me back into his chest with his hand secure on the back on my head. "I wish you never left."

I cry more at his words and wrap my arms tightly around his torso. He dips his head to nuzzle his nose in my hair and plant and long kiss.

"Shh don't cry, baby. You're here now and that's all that matters."

Word Count//579

A/N

this is insanely short compared to my other stories but i thought it was a cute idea and then this was all i could think of. thanks for reading!!