Prologue Part 2: Free at Last

Start from the beginning

(Drake) - His old family abused him. If you look closely you can see a scar just under his bangs, and another two under his jaw. All he wants is to be cared about, and all he got from them was hate. According to Venom, he also has a few stab wounds. If he ran away after bonding with Venom, then he must be used to the agony they caused him.

(Glynda) - Oh lord... who would do this to a child? and such a sweet one at that? What kind of monsters would do such a thing?

(Drake) - I-i don't know, but I doubt he would be alive, if it weren't for Venom. I was actually wanting to talk to you about adopting him.

(Glynda) - Do you even have to ask? Of course we're-

*CRASH*

(Y/N) - OH HELL!

Glynda and Drake run into the dining area to find a broken plate on the floor, and Y/N sitting in the corner, black tendrils wrapping around his curled form, while looking like he's having Vietnam Flashbacks.

(Drake) - Oh... oh lord...

(Glynda) - Y/N, sweetie? Are you alright?

(Y/N) - N-n-no... Pl-please... n-no m-m-more... Please, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!

Shocked and appalled by Y/N's outburst, the two adults take a step back. Knowing how to calm the child, Riot extends a tendril from Drake's body and wraps itself around one of Venom's own, using this contact to calm the child through his symbiote.

(Y/N) - Please... Don't hurt me...

(Glynda) - We won't hurt you. In fact... We have a few documents to sign involving your adoption.

Y/N's eyes widen, and all three of them break into wide smiles. Over the years Y/N had a happy life as Glynda and Drake's adoptive son, and learning about the symbiotes. Strangely he proved compatible with all of them. One scene begins to play out once again.

(Drake) - I love you, Glynda.

(Glynda) - I love you too, Carlton.

The child version of Y/N looks at the two and smiles. However, there is another person there who cannot be seen by any of them. The figure asks a loaded question as he removes his hat, even though nobody can see or hear him:

(Y/N) - If you loved him, then why did you follow Ozpin? Why did you let Dad die that day, Mom?

Suddenly alarms start blaring and the older version of Y/N in the long white coat looks around in a panic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESENT TIME: January 17th, 20XX. Monday, 4:36 PM.

(Y/N) - AAAAAAAAGHHH!

Having woken up from his nocturnal flashback, Y/N looks around, remembering where he is. Hearing the alarms, he launches himself from his bed and rushes into his laboratory. His lab is suspended several thousand feet in the sky using tech stolen from Atlas bases. He's also been stealing symbiotes that came to Remnant from Atlas to prevent loss of life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 7 - Entry 15: New Theory?

According to some of Dad's old scientists, achieving symbiosis is comparable to having a successful organ transplant: Donor and Recipient need to be an exact match, which makes both processes that much more... difficult. If this is true, then I appear to be the only exception. I don't know why, but... I get the feeling there could be something more to symbiosis then just that: More than one defining factor. But I digress. I COULD start letting Atlas keep the symbiotes they discover, but I shall not. There is no foretelling the risks of  deviating from the original theorem because there is no NEED to. Thousands, if not MILLIONS, could perish, and very few of the symbiotes would survive. Riot could sense who was compatible with him, that's why he survived for those six months prior to meeting my father, but the others? I cannot afford that risk, thus I shall not take it.