Prologue Part 2: Free at Last

Start from the beginning

The symbiotes retreat into the both of you feeling as if they had said enough.

(Y/N) - Don't worry about it, you had no means of knowing, so I don't have any right or reason to blame you.

After a long silence between the four, Drake comes to a conclusion:

(Drake) - I've got an Idea. Why don't you come back to my place, have a look around and meet my wife?

(Y/N) - Why? What would be the point?

(Drake) - so you have some food for thought while we discuss the terms of my adopting you.

Y/N's eyes widen. Adoption? Him?

(Y/N) - Surely you jest. I wouldn't want to be a burden.

(Drake) - Not at all. The way I see it, you want someone to care about you, and we want to look after you. I look into your eyes and see parts of myself: my intuition, my curiosity, my will to protect what is precious in my eyes, my will to acknowledge what helps me and what harms me. I see all of this IN YOU. So come on, my wife's making eggs with bacon, hashbrowns, and her famous biscuits and sausage gravy.

Y/N's mouth begins to water. The thought of actually eating for the first time in weeks was too much to resist.

(Y/N) - ...Okay, Dad, you've sold me. Lead the way.

(Drake) - ...'Dad'?

(Y/N) - You're adopting me, right? doesn't that make you my father?

(Drake) - ...Heh... I suppose it does. C'mon son, dinner awaits!

As Y/N begins to follow Drake to his home, he takes a moment to converse with Venom:

(Y/N) - I'm starting to think our luck has changed for the better.

(Venom) - I can't help but to agree. Continue to follow him. I hunger, and I know you do as well.

(Y/N) - Hell, yeah. I can't wait to see where this leads us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeskip: Drake's house.

(Drake) - Honey, I'm home! And I brought somebody over!

(Glynda) - Please tell me you didn't bring Pamela by again. She's always looking at you in a strange manner, as if she's going to try and take you away from me.

(Drake) - Honey, i would never! Not Pamela, It's something WE need to discuss... while THEY eat.

(Glynda) - They?

(Drake) - Venom's found a new host, and we need to talk about the situation he's in.

(Glynda) - O-okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeskip: After Dinner.

(Drake) - Listen Y/N, Glynda and I are going to have a quick talk in private. Feel free to help yourself to what's leftover from dinner. I can imagine that the two of you must still be hungry.

(Y/N) - Thank you.

(Y/N (in head)) - This man must be an angel sent by God.
(Venom (In head)) - This man must be an angel sent by God.

As Y/N and Venom begin to fill their plate once again with the delectable meal, Drake and Glynda walk away to discuss the child's situation.

(Glynda) - So what exactly is going on?