Chapter 5

The teens eyes widen. "Woah, Mike. When did you get glasses? And what's with this new outfit? Not complaining man but this is something different." Richie laughed. He was gonna have to get used to introducing himself to everyone.

Richie finished getting to know Jonathan while you along with Will finished your layout of the day. You'd first stop off to buy a present for Richie while Will distracted Richie for the time.

"Ok so we have the day set and he'll have no idea about his present, got it Will?" You asked.

Will shook his head. "Don't worry, I got this."

You nodded. "Ok then, let's causally walk back into the living room and I'll give you a bag of quarters I have in my backpack, you can have them so you can distract him at the Palace Arcade."

"Wow you really thought this through." He sounded surprised. Why should he be? You were in charge on planning the D&D meetings and the next conquest in your guys battle.

You just shrugged. "I guess I did." You grabbed his wrist and started walking back into the living room. You didn't see Richie. You decided it would be a good time to quickly take out the quarters and give them to Will. You put on your backpack. "Tell Richie I had to go home or I had to do something urgent. I'll meet you guys at castle Byers when it's time to exchange gifts." Will simply nodded and gave you a thumbs up. "Cool." You walked out of his house and got on your bike. Next stop....Joyce Byers' job, Melvald's General Store. They practically sold everything there.

Will watched as you pedal away. He heard someone walk into the living room and turned around. Richie looked around. "Where's Y/n?"

Will started thinking. "Umm...she had to go do something important but she said she would catch up with us later."

Richie saddened a bit. "Oh...ok. That's cool." He walked to the couch and took a seat.

Will saw his sad expression. "You know, she's really sorry she had to leave but it was important what she had to do. On the plus side, she did leave a bunch of quarters so we could head to the Palace Arcade." Will held the bag of quarters in the air.

Richie's expression brightened. At least he would have some fun here. Plus he could show Hawkins who the real king of Street Fighters was. "Sure why not." He got off the couch. Will smiled. He turned to hallway and yelled. "Jonathan I need to borrow your bike!!" Will heard a faint ok from his brother and looked at Richie. "Let's go." The boys went outside and got onto the bikes. Richie missed his but Jonathan's would have to do.

Meanwhile at Mike's house, Mike sat with Dustin and Lucas. "Wow Mike. Having a brother you never knew about and him stealing Y/n? That must be rough." Lucas said.

"Yeah man. First, you couldn't ask her out cause you were scared. Second reason was because of Eleven. And now your twin brother is in the way? It just wasn't meant to be." Dustin shook his head.

Mike scoffed. "What do you mean 'ask her out'? I don't like Y/n."

Dustin and Lucas looked at each other and then back at Mike. They both quirked a brow at him.

"What?" Mike quipped.

Lucas sighed. "Dude! It is so obvious that you like her!"

"Ever since you guys meet, you've had this unspoken rule of liking each other." Dustin chirped in.

Mike contemplated. "Pfft. That's not true." He took a second to think again. Did he really like you? I mean, what isn't there to like.... he likes your hair....your face....your absolutely kind personality...he liked everything about you...Oh man he's screwed. "Oh no..." he put his face into his hands.

"Told ya." Dustin and Lucas said together.

While Mike confined to his friends, Richie defeated Will in another round of Street fighters. "Wow man. You're so amazing at this!" Will marveled.

Richie simply shrugged. "I practice a lot." He took a sip from a drink Will had bought earlier before arriving at the arcade. "So..." Richie trailed. "How did
Y/n meet Mike?"

Will turned to Richie. "They've actually known each other for a long time. Longer than any of us in the gang known Mike."

Richie nodded. "Interesting."

"She's actually told me the story. It s quite sad but I can tell you?" Will asked. Richie nodded. " Ok so they actually met at a park when they we're kids. Like 6 or 7. Y/n was playing by herself when a group of girls came up to her and starting criticizing her for the clothes she had on. You see growing up her mom had to work really hard because her father left her before she was born." Richie's heart was torn. How could anyone abandon you? You're amazing!

Will continued. "So she had to wear hand me downs from thrift stores or from fellow kids in the neighborhood. Mike saw what was happening to Y/n and decided she shouldn't get picked on. He went up to the girls bullying her and told them off.  Mike hung out with Y/n the rest of the day. The girls eventually gave up on picking on Y/n after they saw she wasn't alone at the park anymore and we all slowly got to meeting each other." Will smiled.

Richie just stood there thinking. In a way it was destined. He couldn't help but wonder what if it was him instead of Mike? What if Mike went to Derry instead of him? He would've asked you out by now. Oh how he wish you guys were hanging out today. "Wow. It was sorta destiny then, huh?"

Will shrugged. "Yeah, in a way. Funny part though, every time Y/n tells this story, she blushes when she brings up the part where Mike told her he thinks her name is cute. I mean like come on! That is so cheesy." Will laughed.

Richie just rolled his eyes. "Ready for another round?" He held up a quarter. Will nodded.

After getting help from Joyce and nearly having a breakdown, you found the perfect present for Richie. You had gotten him 2 new Hawaiian themed shirts, a cool pair of sunglasses, and a book about video games. It was near time to meet the boys and you still had to change. You just hoped that Richie would like his present...

🏳️‍🌈~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🏳️‍🌈
A/n: first off, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!!!!second off, why must I always take long with updating! I need to become more committed! I'm sorry. Also this is shorter than I wanted it to be. And if there's and grammatical errors, just tell me, I never edit these before posting.
Published: 6/18/20
Word count:  1158 words