Chapter 5

~The day of her birthday~

Mom insisted that we throw an ice cream party to celebrate my coming back and my birthday and I wasn't happy about it. As much as I'm glad that I'm back the party was a bit over the top. I don't think we did much for when Oliver came back. She invited so many of the higher upperclassmen. I had the opportunity to invite The Lances and Felicity. Also my other friends Ava, Christy and Alexa. Mom was a little concerned with Alexa cause she never met her. I told her if she was going to throw this party I'm gonna invite my friends whether she liked it or not. She gave in and allowed me to invite who I wanted as well. Once that was all done the party was on.

 As I was greeting guests I was pulled away by Thea. "Hey can you grab me a glass of water. I'm busy making peoples ice creams." Thea asked. "Sure thing." I said. While I was filling Thea's glass my thoughts went to Tommy. He should be here. He should be going around talking about complete randomness. Trying to flirt with Laurel. Making me laugh when I didn't feel like it. He was someone who was able to make me smile when Ollie was gone. As I was thinking I felt the glass become cold. I looked to see what was originally water to be a whole glass full of ice. Not like ice cubes but just straight ice. I didn't know what to do. I can't put it in the microwave cause glass+heat=angry mom. "Hey what's taking you so long?" Thea asked as she came in. "Sorry but your glass of water became a glass of straight ice." I admitted as I showed her the glass. "Did you put it in the freezer?" Thea asked as she studied the glass. "No. I was filling it up while thinking of Tommy." I said. Thea just laughed. "Yea like you have the ability to freeze things." Thea said. "I don't know what I have anymore." I said. Thea wanted me to prove it so I grabbed another glass and filled it with water. "Ok so normal glass of water. Become ice." I said.

Nothing happened. "You said you were thinking of Tommy when you "made" this happen." Thea said. I nodded my head. "What were you thinking about when you thought of Tommy?" Thea asked. "I was thinking about the fact that Tommy should be here at this party. Talking to everyone about some weird thing he was thinking of. How he would try to flirt with Laurel. How he would be trying to make me laugh at even the smallest of things that he thought of. He shouldn't be gone forever. He should've survived. I lost my best friend. I lost another best friend.Tommy should be here as well as Sara. They should be here with us but instead they are gone." As I was talking I felt the glass start to freeze over. I looked and saw it becoming ice. "Wha-How? That's." Thea literally had no words. "I think we should get Felicity." I said. Thea nodded and went to grab Felicity while I was staying in the kitchen. Mom came in and was a little upset. "What are you doing staying in here?!?! You should be mingling with the guests!" Mom said. "Oh. I was grabbing water for me and Thea." I said.

She nodded her head and left. I placed the frozen ice water where they could melt into the sink and looked for Thea and Felicity. Greeting guests and trying to keep most conversations short I finally got to them. "More happened? Impossible. Unless." Felicity said until she dragged me and Thea to a more better secluded place to talk. "What." I said. "Maybe these abilities are connected to your emotions somehow. You were afraid when you speeded to your mom. You were sad and upset because Tommy and Sara aren't here. We need to learn more. We need to do some tests. But not here." Felicity said. I nodded my head but Thea was questioning. "Will there be any way to reverse what happened to her?" Thea asked. "Maybe. If I knew what caused it. Being struck by lightning and in a nine month induced coma kinda doesn't help with her new abilities." Felicity said. "What about Star Labs? They were able to help me out in my coma when doctors couldn't." I said. Felicity has a spark in her eyes and I knew she knew something that I didn't. "I'll head over to Central City and ask them what they know. But we need to get you trained for these abilities." Felicity said. But I wanna go with her. I wanna see Jackson. I wanna see Barry and Iris.