二十五

3rd pov
Johnny focus

Johnny is sitting at his desk, studying for his next test.
Music filling his ears, his left foot tapping the ground on the rhythm, Johnny is in his own world.

Taeyong is going back home today, Johnny is invited to diner with Taeyong and his parents tonight. Johnny is very happy to see Taeyong getting better, he was so scared to lose his best friend. Again. He already lost Lisa; he can't imagine losing his best friend again.

Johnny has gotten closer to Taeyong's mom, she takes tender care of Taeyong and him. Johnny almost cried when Taeyong's dad gave him the American candies they bought for him.
He finds comfort in Taeyong's family while his own family is slowly breaking apart.
His brother decided to go back live with their aunt in Chicago, Mark didn't get used to Seoul. His parents are so busy with work, they feel very bad since Mark left.
Johnny has a heavy heart each time he passes his door. And now Taeyong's parents are taking care of him, more than his own parents.

But he's not mad at his parents. They are comforting themselves in work to forget how Mark suddenly left. They're doing their best.

Johnny lets out a loud sigh when he hears someone knocking hard on his door.
Johnny stops his music and makes his way to the door, mentally cursing at whoever this is.

When Johnny opens the door, his jaw drops and his face turns pale.

«You have a nice house.» Jaehyun says before forcing himself inside.

«What are you doing here? I didn't tell you to come inside.»
Johnny says, shocked by the intrusion of Jaehyun in his house.

«I need to talk to you.»
Jaehyun says, his tone unsure.

«Okay.»
Johnny sighs loudly. He decided to let Jaehyun says whatever he has to say, if he came to his house, he must have a good reason.
«Go ahead. What do you want to tell me?»

«First of all, I want to apologize to you. I've been an absolute bastard and I'm so sorry. I promise I'll never be mean like this again.»
Jaehyun says in one-breath. He can't even express how sorry he is.

Saying that Johnny is shocked would be an understatement.
Confusion is taking place on Johnny's face.

Jaehyun continues.
«I have feelings for Taeyong.»

«You what?»
Johnny's breath is stuck. Does this monster really have feelings? Jaehyun has feelings for Taeyong after bullying him for years? It doesn't make any sense.

«I'm sincerely sorry for all I did, and I really have feelings for him.»
Jaehyun looks like he's about to cry, he's not good with emotions management.

Johnny doesn't know what to say. His parents always taught him to give second chance.
Johnny is hesitating. What Jaehyun did is very serious but he looks very sorry and sincere.

«Did you talk with Taeyong already?»
Johnny asks.

«I did. We kissed.»
Jaehyun is now smiling at the memory.

Johnny chokes on his saliva.
«YOU WHAT?»

Jaehyun wants to laugh because Johnny's face right now is so funny, but the situation is not the appropriate for doing jokes, so he stays serious when the other chokes.

«Did you force him to kiss you?»

«What? No! I didn't force him
Jaehyun defends himself.

«And he's okay with that?»
Johnny is incredulous.

«I even stayed with him in bed until midnight last night.»

«Pause. Is that a hickey?»
Johnny points the mark on Jaehyun's neck.

«Yes...it is.»
Jaehyun is a blushing mess, his ears are turning red.

Johnny can't help but laugh gently at the flustered Jaehyun.

«Do you give me a second chance?»
Jaehyun demands, nervous. He really wants a second chance, he promised to be better, to love Taeyong like he deserves.
«I'm not going to hurt any of you anymore. I'll be good. I'll love Taeyong like he deserves.»

«Do you promise?»

«I promise.»

«Okay then, I'm giving you a second chance, don't ruin it.»
Johnny tells, empathizing his words.

Jaehyun smiles widely and rushes to hug Johnny.
Johnny is surprised by the sudden affection, but doesn't reject the hug.

Maybe all Jaehyun needed was to have a brain wave, and Taeyong suicide attempt made him realize how hurting his actions was.

«Taeyong wants to go to school again on Monday.»
Johnny tells him.

Jaehyun nods his head.
«I will protect him with you, nothing's going to happen to him anymore.»
Jaehyun says, confident.
«Now I need to talk to Yuta, it's gonna be...hard...»
Jaehyun is dreading the conversation with Yuta, he has no idea how he's going to react. They are best friends, but Yuta's reactions are sometimes surprising, he's very unstable.

«Is he really really homophobic? Because I thought you were ultra-homophobic too and here we are now.»

«Honestly, I don't even know, Yuta is very...special when he wants. But I promise I'm not going to let him hurt Tae'.»
Jaehyun swears as Johnny smiles at the nickname.

«Friends?»
Jaehyun holds out one's hand to Johnny.

«Friends.»
Johnny confirms, shaking Jaehyun's hand.

It's a new start for both of them.

————————————————
bonjour,

okay guys here's the chapter... i'm so sorry it's like the shortest chapter i've ever wrote i'm sorry but i can't do better right now i'm so stressed i'm dealing with so much anxiety lately... i still want to jump from a bridge but that's not the point...
hope yall still like my story

anyway,
next chapter next sunday, please look forward to it!

- 𝔃𝓪𝓬𝓴