(2)A new beginning

(Vote!)
Shion was woken up to her coughing up murky water, her small lungs heaving. Hot tears filled her eyes as she hacked repeatdly and then broke down crying out of confusion. Why was she in bed? At closer inspection, this wasn't her house at all. Her hous- Shion's train of thought was cut off by a vision of the previous night and a rush of emotion flooded on her. Chuya had killed them. Chuya, that bastard killed everyone she ever had knew. Her throat tightened as her sobs got louder, hands clutching the blanket. Her mother was dead. Her father was dead. Even Hisako was dead. Shion could still see her lifeless body laying at her feet. She could still hear her gasping for air and her final scream. Shion looked down at her small hands, she could even still see the remains of her blood splattered across her fingers. "H-Hisako...." She repeated, her voice increasing in volume until it was a panicked scream.

Suddenly, the paper door to her spacious room slide open gently and a unfamiliar man stepped through. Shion jerked back in fright, pressing her frail body against the wall behind her. "Get away from me!" She shrieked, voice cracking and tears streaming down her face. The man smiled softly and bent down to stroke her matted hair. "I won't hurt you, young one. You're safe here." He looked down and Shion who threw herself away from him hastily, stumbling back clumsily. That face he made; That closed eyed smile looked like Chuya's. The same face he made when he-. Gritting her teeth, Shion tossed her small pillow the man's direction in relatailtion before slumping over on the wall in pain. The man swatted the pillow away before approaching Shion. "You've been through so much, Young Shion..."

Shion faltered as she looked up at the taller man, furrowing her thick brow. Why did he know her name and also where was her sword? The long haired man seemed to notice her confusion and pet her head in reassurance. "Don't worry, I was a..." He paused for a moment, his pale face reflective. "A good friend of your sister, Hisako." The young girl visibly relaxed at the mention of her older sister, but still looked him up and down warily. Hisako never really talked about having friends or especially male friends, she was too focused on her swords to really make any. "Aniki never said anything about having any friends, how do I know you aren't lying to me?" Shion stuttered out while the man hummed. "Well, I'm Kagaya Ubuyashiki and I helped your sister as a demon slayer."

The little girl tilted her head in mild confusion before getting scared by the sliding door flying open. A group of colorful people burst into the room, each one of them alert and ready to fight. "Ubuyashiki-sama-" The tall blonde haired man spoke, though his voice seemed be to be loud. "We heard some noises coming from this room and thought there was a dem-" The loud boy was interrupted by a curvy woman with pink hair. "Ah, you're so cute and small!" She bent down to Shion's side and reached to pet her head. Her hands felt comforting as she rubbed her shorter hair lightly. It almost reminded her of a mothers touch, but Shion pushed the thought of her mother to the back of her mind. She could mourn when her families sprits had been brought to rest. The pink woman noticed how most of the attention had lead to her for speaking up and blushed slightly.

"Why is there a kid here? She looks pretty bashed up and frail." A white haired man with a multitude of scars got up from his post of leaning by the door and squatted down to look Shion up and down with wary eyes. She flinched under his cold stare but returned the action. "Fish face..." Shion mummered under her breath but watched as the white haired man's eye twitched in rage. "What did you just say, you little sh-" He reached to grab her hair but Kagaya glanced over and the room fell silent. "This young girl is Hisako's younger sister. I found her floating in the river covered in wounds while clutching her sword. Hisako and the rest of her family has been killed."

The group froze in shock, their heads facing towards their feet. It felt like they had been sprayed with ice cold water and been forced out into the winter breeze; Hisako, the blizzard pillar had been killed. Shion still felt sick to her stomach hearing those words, body trembling in anguish. Kagaya, who had moved her limp body to his lap stroked her hair to keep her calm and gave her a smile for reassurance. "It'll be okay." He said and Shion started believed it; she could survive this.

"So how did this shrimp survive? If it took down Hisako, there's no way a kid like her killed it?" The scarred man growled, visably upset. Hisako had been close to him and her death impacted him the most. She was so strong, how could she die like that? Kagaya glanced at him and watched as he then became silent once more. "It had definitely been a demon but I'm not exactly sure how it went unnotic-" "It was Chuya..." Shion shakily interrupted him, eyes glazed over with fear. "H-he was there the whole time and he..he killed them..." She croaked and wiped the tears from her wide eyes.

The group froze in shock, their heads facing towards their feet. It felt like they had been sprayed with ice cold water and been forced out into the winter breeze; Hisako, the blizzard pillar had been killed. Shion still felt sick to her stomach hearing those words, body trembling in anguish. Kagaya, who had moved her limp body to his lap stroked her hair to keep her calm and gave her a smile for reassurance. "It'll be okay." It said and Shion started believed it; she could survive this and get stronger.

A serene looking woman opened the sliding door, catching Shion's glance once again. The crowd parted to her through as she carried a object covered in a white cloth. She placed the long object in her lap, gave her a small nod and exited the room. As Shion felt the object up and down, she was starting to realize what it was. Glazed wood that used to shine in the light of the moon and the sleek feel of the cold steel; This was her sword. One fact that brought it home was the bundle of small good luck charms strapped to the hilt. It was comical how many Hisako had on tied there, but they were all made by Shion. She gave her as much as she could make in time to her everything she visited to "help her out". It didn't work this go around then if she ended up like this.

Kagaya looked down at Shion who seemed on the verge of tears once again and visably shaking. This girl had nothing left in her life except this sword tying her to her sister. Though getting a child wrapped up in the life of a demon slayer could cause obvious problems later in life, but at closer inspection he saw fire in her emerald eyes. The same fire he saw years ago in Hisako's eyes as they met for the first time.

"If you're not taking her, then I will."

The white haired man spoke with slight annoyance, though a smile. He got up from his seat in front of the small girl and crossed his arms. Shion looked up in surprise and tilted her head in confusion. This guy seemed really aggressive earlier, so why the change of heart? Kagaya hummed and smiled in amusement, laughing under his breath. "Does she remind you of someone, Sanemi?" Sanemi huffed in embrassement and quickly picked up the frail girl, carrying her off to elsewhere. "Thank you..." Shion muttered as she looked down at the lengthy sword in her small hands.
"Don't mention i-" Shion quickly interrupted.

"Fish face."

——————————————————

*Hey guys it's me Dr1ppy!

It would mean a whole lot if you guys vote and follow me! I'll encourage me to write more stories like this one in the future!

Also Feel free to comment...actually I highly encourage you to do that! Id love to hear your thoughts about shion or anything KNY related.

Have a good day or night!💖😃