Mid-logue.

Some terms guys before chapter.

Bahu:used for addressing daughter in law.

Jiji:Elder sister.

Rakhdi:Round and worn on heard where middle partition is done.Worn after marriage.

Bajuband:gold designer band worn in both the arms.Above elbow.

Present 2014.

I was standing there at our door step waiting for our car to come.We were going back to my in-laws house which was in Jaisalmer.He came with one bag on his side.

"Chalte h..."He said.And touched My parent's and grandmother's feet.

"Suraj beta meri beti ka dhyaan rakhna."(Suraj please take care of my daughter.)My mother said controlling her tears.Ohh So his name is Suraj.

Atlast you came to know the name of your husband.

"Nalini."My father said sternly."They are getting late."

Car arrived ,it was a white ambassador car with red light on it.I was wearing yellow lehenga and blouse with dupatta of same colour above my head covering my face.And also covered with typical rajasthani jewellery.Rakhdi,bajuband and lots of bangles.I felt like a jewellery shop manequin for once.

"Abhi toh lal batti wali gadi mein hi ghumegi pati collector jo nikla."(Now she will roam in government car, as her husband his collector.)My dadi said for a change looking happy for me.

She came by my side and said,"Forget about him and don't dissappoint your dad again."I nodded.

I sat in the car after giving my mom a tight hug .Suraj kept the luggage and sat beside me and told driver to start the car.

This was the first time after marriage we were alone.After marriage I went to his place and at night reception was held,and same night I was immediately taken to my parent's house for ritual that after marriage girl goes to their parent's house.So no question of wedding night.I somewhere convinced myself that this is my life now,I don't want to think about him.But maybe in my heart somewhere he was there.

Jaisalmer and jodhpur were hours away.So I guess we have to sit like that as we are going from car.I was looking outside the window thinking how my life changed.10 days ago I was with the person whom I knew and wanted to spend my life with.And now I am with the person whom I will be living my life but don't know anything about him.

I guess this is only "arranged marriage".

"uhmm...."He cleared his throat.

I looked at him and as usual not able to see him because of ghoonghat.

"You don't have to cover your face from me."He said with his deep voice slowly.

I removed ghoonghat and kept dupatta on my head.

And for the first time we saw each other.I saw his eyes black eyes with fair colour and oval face.He was wearing white shirt and black pants.

We kept looking at each other for a moment.I looked down and turned my face again towards the window.

After two hours we halted at a roadside restuarant or more precisely said Indian dhaba.

We sat at our table.

"What you will eat?"

"Anything."

He sighed and ordered for us.I guess not happy with my answer.

At night We reached Jaisalmer.I was welcomed by my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law.

"Bahu has arrived."My mother-in-law came.She was happy to see me.Atleast someone is happy with this marriage.She was 5 foot and little plum her face was wrinkled.My father-in-law came he was very tall and an older version of Suraj.I immediately pulled my dupatta and covered my face.As daughter-in-law should always cover their face was a ritual in rajasthani family.

"No bahu,please leave these rituals at your place we don't believe in parda system.I know your dadi believes in them but not in front of us,you are like my Sudha."My father-in-law said looking at my sister in law Sudha who was already married.

"Yes bahu."My mother-in- law agreed.

"C'mon bhabhi I will take you to your room."My sister- in-law took me to my room.When she opened the door I was surprised to see.It was nicely decorated with rose petals and candles.

She made me sit on the middle of the bed.In a typical style with knees bent near my breast.

"Thanku uhh .."I said not knowing what to call her as she was Suraj's elder sister.

"You can call me Sudha jiji like Suraj."She smiled.

"And Best of luck bhabhi."

and she left.

Frankly,I was damn nervous.I didn't know him.I can't even think about him.I have not even come over Avinash.Will he understand me?We have just exchanged two lines.

He entered breaking my chain of thoughts and closed the door.He came towards me and sat.He was wearing white kurta pyjama.

He took my hand in his.

"It's little late for us na to say Hi and introduce ourselves."He said smiling.

I smiled to his attempt to make me comfortable with his joke.

"I know about it."He said.

"About what?"I frowned.

"I met your friend Rani before our wedding,She told me everything."

"Oh."

"Do you still love him?"

I didn't have any answer.I don't know what should I say I didn't know if I was over him or not.My silence made him suspicious.

"Hmmm...I knew it.I will just say I will wait for you then."

A/n:Surprise suprise early update.Please vote and comment.