"How was it?"

"Was everyone nice to you?"

"You didn't talk to any boys, did you?"

She waited until he stopped rapid firing his questions before she answered. She was quite impressed at how fast he could talk without having to stop to take a breath, but she kept that to herself.

"What's the point in asking questions if you're not going to give me time to answer?"

"Nuh-uh," he said whilst shaking his head. "I don't like that attitude. Who's being a bad influence on you? You know what, I don't think you should go to school again."

"I'm quite sure you're the one who taught me sarcasm," replied Carter. She knew that he was mostly joking, but she could definitely tell that there was some kind of truth behind his words, whatever it was.

"Me?" He faked a hurt tone, bringing his hand to his heart. "How dare you accuse me of such a thing."

"I actually have a memory of you telling me that I 'need to work on my sarcasm'," She fired back, trying her best to maintain a straight face.

"Yeah, well, just forget it. We don't need to get into that stuff. Did you make any friends?"

"Yeah, I made two actually!" Her mood immediately changed from trying to be serious, to excitement.

"How much did you bribe them with?"

"What's a bribe?" Asked Carter, raising her eyebrow at the strange new word.

"Never mind." He sighed dramatically.

"Okay then..."

"Did you talk to any boys?" Asked Tony as he quickly lifted his head back up to look at her.

"No..."

"Carter," he demanded in a half-joking, half-serious stern voice.

"I had to! The Principal assigned one to show me around the school because he has all the same classes as me! And him and his friend were the only ones I talked to, so I sat with them at lunch. They're not bad though, they're really nice!"

"They all seem that way at first," he said, once again being more dramatic than he needed to be.

"What's that supposed to mean? You're not even making any sense!" Laughed Carter.

"You'll find out eventually. But don't say I didn't warn you," said Tony as he gazed out the window.

~\☆/~

She didn't get much homework as she was in a young grade, but the little homework she did have, she managed to do without any difficulty. It was simple, she had most of this stuff covered from about the age of seven.

At one point, Tony came by and picked up one of her books from the table. He inspected it, flipping through the pages, scoffed and muttered something about it being 'too easy' before walking away.

~\☆/~

When she was finished with the little homework she had, Carter searched through the facility before she located Tony.

She first found Pepper, who told her that he was in his office. When Carter asked her if he was busy, Pepper replied with "I'm sure he can talk for a few minutes."

When she reached his office, she opened the door as she announced "Tony, what is Lego and what are video games?"

Tony, who had been staring intently at a piece of paper, jolted at the sudden outburst of noise in his previously quiet office.

When she reached his desk, he informed her "You know, one of these days you're really gonna give me a heart attack."

"Hey, at least I didn't use a portal to appear!" She defended.

"You only stopped using them after I had to sit you down to talk about it!" He argued back, finger pointing at her.

"At least I'm kinda starting to listen to you..."

"You still used them for two weeks! You didn't stop until after that time you made me spill hot coffee on myself and I grounded you."

"Well...," she started, trying to come up with a good counter-argument, but failing. "That's not the reason I came here. I need to know what Lego and video games are!"

Tony sat back in his chair and folded his arms. "Why?"

"Because normal kids know what they are and I don't and I'm supposed to be a normal kid," she explained as she pouted.

"Woah, calm down. You're acting as if this is a life or death situation. Oh, that actually reminds me; we need to get back into training again. Because Steve and Nat aren't here, I'm gonna have to do it myself." He paused for a moment. "What were you asking me again?"

"Tony! This is serious! I need to know what Lego and video games are!" She whined.

Tony laughed at her. "You sound so ridiculous right now, this is great."

She sent him a glare, but he just sent one back.

"Fine, I'll just tell my new friends that I don't know what these things are because I'm actually a superhero who has been... hidden her whole life." Even though Carter had improved her sarcasm by spending more time with Tony, her voice still went unnaturally high when she would speak sarcastically. It was an amusing effect; funnier than the actual sarcasm.

"Oh, this is to impress your new friends," realised Tony. "Why didn't you just say so?" Carter couldn't detect the tone in his voice, but assumed it was mocking.

"I didn't have time to say much! You've been laughing at me!"

"Alright, fine. Sit down, I'll explain them to you," he said with a roll of his eyes."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
_________________________________
Fun fact: just like our lil' Carter here, I've never seen Star Wars. Please don't hate me. Also, I feel like Tony is really off in this scene. Whoops.
__
I can't believe it's already 20 chapters into this story... wow.