Epilogue

"Eat something Kye." Skye said. We were in the cafeteria and despite being breakfast everyone sat where they wanted. I was at a table surrounded by my friends and family. The mornings were normally cheerful but today everyone was in a somber mood. "Leave her alone Skye. Eating isn't going to solve anything." Ember said. "She needs her strength. Skye's right she should eat." Aunt Laura spoke up. "Enough! All of you just let her do what she wants!" Sadie said annoyed. I watched silently as an argument broke out between them. I stood up and I felt all the eyes in the room settle on me. "Where are you going?" Ember asked. "I...I'll be back in a few minutes I just need to be alone for awhile, alright?" I asked. No one said anything and no one stopped me as I made my way out of the cafeteria. I wasn't sure where I was going, but I was sick of being surrounded by such an oppressive mood all the time. I was at the side of the clearing about to enter the forest when someone else burst out of the cafeteria. "Kye!" Andrea yelled. I turned and watched as she made her way towards me. "Kye," she started when she reached me, "I know that you really don't want or need to hear this but I'm sorry." I could see unshed tears in her eyes. "Andrea-" I started. She shook her head and interrupted me. "There's more. I should have said this sooner but it wasn't something I wanted to think about much less tell you about it. Than everything happened and bringing it up just seemed pointless but I need you to know." Andrea said. I could feel her emotions through the bond, the Servari bond, her emotions were in turmoil. "I care about you Kye, more than you know, and I have cared for you much longer than you realize. If there was any other choice I wouldn't make you go through with this. Honestly, I want you to be by my side forever with no one else between us." She told me. I could feel the truth of her words through the bond and they made my heart soar. "When you came back I was mad at you for that stupid prank when we were kids but secretly I was happy. Until I heard that your memories were gone, for awhile I hated you. You weren't the Kye, I remembered you were someone else." She paused before continuing. "I thought you were gone forever so I did something I had been putting off since I shifted two years ago. I agreed to a match with the Sigma of the Bloodthorne pack." The Bloodthorne pack was a smaller pack that was near our borders in the south. They were a bellicose group but have been our allies for a long time. Mitch and Simone were both actually from that pack. I remember them talking about their Alpha and sigma before they had never said a bad thing about them but then again wolves rarely said a bad thing about their Alpha, no matter how bad they were. "When?" I asked. "As soon as I am of age we will be mated. Raiza would have told the pack already but she wanted to settle things with Azarais first." Andrea was only 18 she had 3 years until she was 21 which was the legal age for werewolves, five years after their first shift when they have finally gained enough control. In most cases any mating had to wait until a wolf was 21 and it was recommended to wait longer, because once mated nothing less than death breaks that bond. Eve in my case Raiza was going to try and talk Azarais into waiting for me to accept the bond until I was of age but no one knew whether or not he would agree. If he didn't I would be mated to him right here today. I wasn't sure what to say to Andrea. Everything seemed so screwed up, this wasn't even close to what I thought my life would be like when I came back to the pack. "Andrea, I will always be at your side I am your sworn Sevari. My life is yours and there will never be a day when we are not together." I told her. Before I turned and walked into the forest.

End of Book 1

A/N - Check out the sequel Fighting Fate.