Chapter 7

Dewey had just uncovered something great; we're all turning 13 tomorrow. We may be triplets!

But, how did I get stuck with our mom and he got stuck with that terrible lady?

"How about we head to my house tonight?" Dewey asked. "If I get Frida to be nice."

We followed Dewey to where he lived, which didn't look nice at all; it was a run-down building downtown with a missing mailbox and a lawn desperately needing a mowing.

"Frida!" Dewey called out. "You home?"

A window was opened and a lady stuck her head out. She was the same one that Dewey came with and she even still looked ticked.

"Dewford, inside, now!" she yelled. "Enough horsing around with your 'friends'!"

"Frida, I think they're my brothers!"

Frida's face lost all anger and she closed the window. She came running out and she looked at us.

"Llewellyn and Hubert?" she asked, her voice almost a whisper.

"So, we are brothers?" Dewey asked.

"As far as I know," she said, searching her purse and finally pulling out a photo.

I took it and looked at it. Mom was there holding 3 eggs. Standing next to her was an older duck and a...sailor duck, by the looks of it?

"That's my Uncle Scrooge!" Louie exclaimed, pointing to the older duck.

"Our Uncle Scrooge," I corrected. "But, why didn't Dewey go with a family member?"

"And he got stuck with you?"

Frida pointed to the sailor duck.

"He was my fiance," she said. "He's your Uncle Donald, your mom's twin brother. One of his friends told him I was only into him because Scrooge is rich. He went bonkers after that, completely heartbroken, thinking that his friend was telling the truth. Donald went up to me and threw the engagement ring at me. I never saw him again. Nobody did."

"Why were we split up?" Dewey asked.

"Your mom missed Donald. She didn't think that she could take care of all three of you herself. Donald was supposed to pitch in..."

So, Frida was connected to us in some way; she could've been our aunt.

"So, why do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you, Dewford, I hate myself for not trying to talk to Donny about that whole mess."

Frida looked behind us. We turned around to see Mom...

"Hubert Duck, why'd you run off like that?" she yelled.