Book 1 Ace's Awakening

**note: I wrote this a few years ago..just recently typed it onto my pc..i rushed editing it so it has mistakes because i was still greatly learning how to write when i wrote this. Thanks for reading. **

Chapter 1

Idon Village

Opening my eyes, I turned my head. Getting up from my bed, I opened the curtains covering my windows and looked out. My house was surrounded by lakes, mountains, and grassy fields. The sun almost always shines, and about 5 miles north of my home was the rest of my village. Turning around, I looked around my room and frowned. I had a small bad, a few posters of the fighters of my village, and two closets; one full of my clothes, and the other full of my weapons.

At the age of 4 my training in the ways of the Zodic, or the elite force of fighters in our village, began. The Zodic's are comprised of 8 classes of fighters, each telling the amount of skill the fighter has. The class ranged from: Leo, Aries, Virgo, Dage, Libra, Scorpio, Raven, and Zodic. At the age of 15, I am an advanced Dage, which many in my village are not at such an early age. My father is the head and protector of Idon village, and also the strongest of the Zodics. My mother is a normal farmer, and is an advice giver to other woman in the village. The only difference between my family and the rest of the village is that my bloodline, carries the genes of a true wind nation citizen. My father and I have the ability to control an element, unlike any other in our village that we know of. Acer, my father, can control water and air, a great feat for even as they are called an Elementalist. Most elementalist can only control one element, at least from our limited knowledge that we have from the old times. Unlike my father, I can only control one element, thus making me an Air Elementalist as I can control air.

As I walked out of my room and into the hall leading to the stairs, I heard a loud but joyful voice.

"Ace, hurry up! Your going to be late for your first Dage class!" my mother called.

"Alright Mom, I am ready!" I replied just as loud.

Running out of the house, I stopped to pet Breeze, my dog.

"See ya boy!" I said while smiling.

Chewing down on the piece of toast and running at the same time, I tried to think of what my first Dage class would be like. The summer had just ended and I had found out that all of my friends from my past classes were in different classes then I. New people, meant more surprises which made fighting even more fun. As I arrived at the village fighting center, or the Dani, I walked in and ran to my classroom. As I passed by other classes on my way, each class was really an indoor grass field or any other outside terrain that had just been replicated. The only reason for having the Zodics was in case the village was attacked by a great nation or any of the smaller nations. All we knew about the outside world was that the Wind and Pondic nations were under siege from the Dom & Rockesse nations.

As I walked onto the field where everyone in my class stood, I looked around. Most of the kids were tall and normal looking; ranging from light brown skin to a snow like color, short hair, and a wide range of facial features. There were about 6 girls and 5 other guys besides myself. As I walked closer to the group, I heard a whistle and turned around to my left. Walking towards the group was an old man in his late sixty, with white hair, light tan skin, and dark orange eyes.

"Good morning Students & welcome to the class of Dage. I am master Poc Zai." he said while bowing. "Now all of you should have at least some skill at fighting to have made it thus far, and you should have all developed your own unique skills by now. As your new master, I am here to teach you new skills while allowing you to hone your current skills, and help you get better overall so you can advance to the next level as Libras," as he finished, all of the students applauded.

"I want everyone to line up in two lines, and make them equal. Today we shall begin the skill evaluation. Each of you will fight another so I can see your level of skill," as he closed his mouth, everyone began to line up and looked towards the master again. Opening his mouth to what seemed to be starting a new line of instructions, Master Poc was interrupted by a soft but eerie voice.

"Master Poc, do we have to participate if you know no one here is match for you?" asked a kid four people down the line from myself. Standing at over six feet, the boy with blue eyes and blond spiked hair smiled and flexed his large biceps as he waited for the master to reply.

"Kendo, you are foolish. You will do as I have instructed with no remarks. Understand?" said the Master with authority.

"Yes Master Poc," answered Kendo.

Being second to last in the line, I looked at the person across from me. He or she wore a black a black shirt and pants and black hood with white stripes covering their face while leaving holes for the eyes and mouth.

"Last two in each line, walk up to the center of the field and when I say begin, start fighting. The time limit is 10 minutes. If you knock your opponent out you win!" Stated Master Poc while smiling.

The last two in both lines walked to the center of the field.

"Begin!" roared Master Poc.

Standing in the exact center of the grass field, the two girls bowed and got into stance. The girl on the left was blond, with blue eyes, pale skin, and looked about five feet tall. The girl on the right, name Dawn, had long brown hair that was tied in a pony tail. She had light skin, muscular arms and legs for most girls at age sixteen, and a face that made you want to be near her but scared you at the same time because of her expression.

"Asi, I'm not going easy on you Blondie!" screamed Dawn.

"I didn't expect you to loser," retorted Asi.

As soon as they finished with their comments, they jumped into action. Dawn pushed off the ground and went off flying at a great speed towards Asi. In response, Asi dodged Dawn's first punch, while landing a clean punch to her stomach. Moving away, Asi swung again, but this time Dawn was ready.

"Not fast enough," said Dawn.

Dodging Asi's punch to the stomach, Dawn jumped and side kicked Asi in the side, propelling her to the ground a few feet away. As Asi stood back up, Master Poc interrupted.

"I have seen enough children. Next!" he said.

As they recovered from the quick but intense bout, Asi and Dawn turned around, chuckled, and walked back towards their original positions in line. Remembering that he had said "next," I walked towards the center of the field and turned to face my opponent. As I looked up into the person's eyes, I found it staring back.

"I have been wanting to know if the son of the Izod (Strongest person in the village) could live up to his father...or is he going to die here?" he said as he launched himself off the ground straight towards me.