Chapter 22: Close (選ぶ)

Question of the Day: What made you want to write this story?

Answer: Honestly, it just popped up in my head, like when I was watching the anime, I looked at Tanjiro then all of a sudden imagined him being with someone that he'd have a crush on. And I just sorta imagined the character being a pillar and a sibling to another pillar. Plus since I like Sabito, I made the character have history with him. So yeah, I said why that story wouldn't be so bad, so I went ahead and wrote it.
_____

Nezuko standing behind Tanjiro and you. Breathing hard and fully focused on the demon woman.

"N-Nezuko..."
You were kneeling besides Tanjiro. Holding him close to you, as you rested his head on your lap.

Nezuko charges in full speed at her. You gasp slightly.
"Be careful!" You said.

Nezuko goes for a kick to the demon's face. But her leg gets cut off.
"You lowly demon!"

Nezuko gets hit again, and her whole body gets chopped off in half and slammed to a building.

You were stuck. You didn't want to leave Tanjiro's side, but you also didn't want to leave Nezuko severally hurt.

Stay calm, breathe, and fight. Worry about Tanjiro later.

You take in a deep breath and exhaled. You look at Tanjiro who was unconscious. You placed your hand and rubbed his hair back.

You stand up and looked at what was happening now between Nezuko and the upper moon.

"I'll be back, once I take care of that demon, be sure to wake up soon, and if not...then I'll come back for you, I promise" you said.

Meanwhile with Nezuko. The demon looks at Nezuko struggling under the rubble.

"You're weak. You pretty much haven't eaten any humans. Why did you get away from that man's control? You poor thing. Your torso is now in complete shreds. You shouldn't be moving" the demon woman says.

Nezuko grunts and growls as she tries to get out.
"You can't regenerate right away. We're both demons so I won't bully you anymore. I'll put you in my sash, and then have the sun kill you when morning comes. You're a waste of time"

Nezuko soon gets out of the rubble, her foot was back to normal. The demon looked surprised, she was sure she cut Nezuko up.

Soon Nezuko revives her right arm. While the upper moon woman was baffled by her actions, you come in quietly from behind and take a swing at the demon.

The demon sensed your presence and quickly turned around.

"First Form, Iron Claw!"

You slashed through her sashes and got an arm, but you missed grabbing the neck.

Damn it, not enough!

"Fucking bitch! I'm sick and tired of you getting in my way! I'll cut you in half!"
Frustration grew on the upper moon, then she attacks you with her multiple sashes.

As you were cutting your way through those sashes. So close to her neck once again, a sash from behind cuts your back diagonally. It was cut deep.