Chapter Two: The experiment

Chapter Two:

The Experiment

I opened my eyes once again. Now that I had painfully recapped most of what I have been through, I remembered why I’m here. I used to come here with my mother. We would skip stones (which I was not good at) and have picnic with lots of food. It was about two longing hours outside my home town. I bussed here. I knew this would be the perfect place, to get away from the bullshit. I have been living at the group home for two years and I have grown. Puberty hit at the wrong time. The older girls called me ‘red spot’ for the rest of the year. Other then my humiliating period I gained bobs and a butt with was quite noticeable to the boys in the boy side of my group home; we were segregated boys and girls. A month ago, I was walking in the broken down park next to the group home; it was dark but light enough to see the face of two boys clothed in all black form the group home heading my way. I thought they were going to call me in because I was up past my curfew. One of the boys looked at least 18 with a goatee and faded mustache. He was skinny and weirdly tall and the other was a little bit shorter and looked my age. They walked up to me.

“Hey, you know its past curfew?” the tall one said with a snicker.

“I know, I was just about to leave, it’s my first …” I said in a shy voice.

“I’m just kidding I’m not going to tell I’m up past curfew too.” He cut me off.

“It’s joke lighting up.” The shorter one said. I laughed.

“Oh, there’s that beautiful smile, see I told you she was cute.” The short one said nudging the taller one. I began to blush.

“Thanks, I’m Kristina” I blurted with a high pitch voice.

“My name is Michael and this is Dylan, so do you want to hang we’re going to smoke and chill near the Donald’s bridge.” Michael the short one said with a convincing voice.

“I have never smoke in my life but I have nothing better to do.” I said stupidly, I wish I said something cool instead.

            We walked up to a old cobble brick bridge and within five minute I was smoking like a pro, I do not know why it came so easily to me but I liked it, it was the only thing that made me forget my problems. I do not even remember what we talked about but that next thing I know Michael and I were standing outside the town’s liquor store waiting for Dylan.

“Kristina, you pretty cool compared to those whores and bitches in your group home. They just think they are the shit. This one girl said she was on her period to get out off doing the yard work and I was stuck doing her job for the rest of the week.”Michael complained.

“Thanks and yeah they treat me like shit because I’m half breed or mixed or caramel that’s what they call me when they are not calling me red spot.” I Ranted.

“That’s why I like you.” Michael said it with complete confidence. We shared a moment of silence.

Seconds later Dylan walked up to us. He revealed a large bottle of rum for his jacket. We drank like drunks. The alcohol burned my throat like arsonist. Dizziness consumed my whole body and an hour later I returned back to the group home looking like a crack head after riding the spinning teacup with a disgusting staunch of rum on my breath. Surprisingly and thankfully no one noticed me, so I crawled in my single bed and slept like a bear in hibernation. Every night up until last night, I snuck out with Michael and Dylan. We smoked, played pranks, drank and skateboarded (I wasn’t a pro).  Michael and I got closer, he kissed me passionately and our drunken lips touched, they were more than sparks there were fireworks, purple, blue and pink flashes displayed in my mine. He was not the prince charming I dreamt of but he was there when no one else was.