CHAPTER 3B

"Not really a date. I mean, I still owe you for tonight, right?"

Jia just shrugged her shoulders. "It's fine, Bea. I'm not really asking for anything in return. I really had fun tonight. It was fun knowing you. Anyway, I have to go."

You didn't talk when you accompany Jia outside. Saying your final thanks, you watched as the Grabcar she rode gets smaller and smaller. You cursed yourself. You knew she was someone special, yet you didn't even get her contact number. You didn't even know her surname! Is Jia even her real name?

When you went back on your table, Maddie and Ponggay had a look in their face as if they wanted to eat you.

"HOW DARE YOU FOOL US?" Maddie shouted.

"We know it was only a false show, the bartender told us," Ponggay sadly said.

All you could muttered was a simple "I'm sorry."

"Are you going to see her again?" Maddie asked.

"No more reason to see her, now that you already know," you joked, which was met by a roll of eyes by Maddie. 

Ponggay hugged you. "Awww, Bea."

Your eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"We saw the way you looked at her Bea. You like her! And we will get less angry if you follow her now and ask her for a date." Maddie calmly said.

"But how?" You asked.

"Here," she said while throwing something at you. It was Jia's purse! You opened it and saw Jia's ID.

"Maddie! Oh my god! You stole it?" You asked, disbelievingly.

"Yes, because we knew how coward you were," she said with a smirk. "And because we love you. So just shoo!" Maddie threw something at you again... her car keys.

***

"What are you thinking?" Jia asked as you watched your three-year-old daughter, Sofia, played in the park with other kids.

You put your arms around your wife's waist, and answered, "Nothing. Just thinking of a nicer way of telling the story of how we met when Sofia asked about it when she grew up. Maybe I'll definitely not include crashing her Ninang Maddie's car twice on my way to your apartment."

Jia smiled and hugged you. On simple moments like this, you couldn't ask for more.

-END-