Chapter 18

*Layla's P.O.V*
I pace around the balcony waiting for him to come back home,I am so nervous but I know I have to face him if I want things to change.
I sit down on a rocking chair,going through my phone when I hear his car horn. My nervousness increase and I'm scared of facing him.
I run back inside,losing all my courage. I pretend to be doing some household chores before he comes inside. Soon I hear the door opening and Javier step inside.
I turn to look at him,he looks so tired. There are eye bags under his eyes and he seem different. I keep staring at him hoping he would say something first.
"Hi" he says curtly and drop his briefcase on the sofa,removing his coat and heading to the bedroom. I follow him immediately.
He keeps his coat on the bed and sits down to remove his shoes.
I stand hands akimbo,still studying him "aren't you going to say anything?" I as him.
He looks up. "What?"
"Yes...aren't you supposed to apologise for not coming back home yesterday?" I continue.
He sigh. "I already told you it's because of work. What more do I need to say!"
I scoff. "So you can abandon me alone at home because of work?"
He didn't reply me,he stands up and walks towards the bathroom,i follow him furious.
"Are you listening to me?" I yell behind him.
"What do you want,Layla?"
"I didn't didn't bargain for this when I married you"
"Neither did I bargain for a wife who doesn't care what and how her husband feels"
I pause,trying to understand what he meant by the statement he just muttered. "I don't care for you, you are the uncaring one,Javier. You have been acting distant not bothered about how it affects me,you didn't call me that you won't be coming home and you are okay with everything" i say loudly.
"Who told you that? You are the reason I'm like this,Layla" he comments running a hand through his head.
"What did I do, Javier,? Don't use me as  excuse for your actions" i tell him clearly.
"What haven't you done,Layla. You don't stay at home like a wife should,you go outings with guys and come back home drunk... Is that how it's supposed to be?" He complains in a rush.
I raise my brows in surprise. "So is that why you have been acting this way,because I went out with my friends? "
He scoffs and ignores me.
I continue. "You should have told me like a man,instead of acting like a bored child seeking attention."
He nods his head slowly. "You know what? I know you aren't going to accept you did something wrong and I don't blame for that" he enters the bathroom and slams the door shut.
I walk back to the bed biting my nails, what have I done? I'm really a terrible person,all Javier has done is been understanding. Do I really want to make him hate me? No,I don't want that at all.
I wait until he comes out from the bathroom wearing his bathing robe,he walks into the closet to change his clothes.
"I'm sorry for coming home late and drunk that day,in fact I'm so sorry for everything I did wrong. But you shouldn't spend time with another woman just because I did something wrong" I drop the bomb.
"What? What are you talking about?" He ask,seemingly shocked by what I said.
"Yes...the last time I called,I heard someone, a lady's voice"
He chuckles."so you think I'm cheating on you?"
I shrug..."well,what am I supposes to think with the way you have been acting?'
He nods his head. "It seems like you still don't know who you marry,Layla. I will not cheat on you never,and not because of something so trivial"
I pout,swinging my hands lightly. "So who was it?"
He smiles. "It was my sister, she was with me at the office that day,intact she insisted that I come home but I was so angry I'm not sure I can face you without making things bad."
I smile back at him. "Okay, have you forgiven me?"
He grins. "Only on one condition, promise me you won't do it again"
I giggle. "Of course,I won't. I dont want you to get angry like this again!"
"True, but who is Teejay?"
My smile drop.i wonder what he found out. "Teejay is my friend from school,intact my best friend."
He nods. "Okay,that's nice.But i haven't met him yet"
"Yes,he wasn't wasn't around during our wedding, he just came back from Dublin but I will make sure you guys meet soon" I tell him softly.
"Okay,then" he gestures at me to come closer, i walk up to him and he hugs me tightly,kissing my forehead. "You are my wife, Layla. The woman of my dreams and I love you. You are the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, and have kids with"
"I love you too" I tell him sincerely.
"Promise me this will last forever?" He whisper against my neck.
"I promise you,Javier" i answer him with all my heart and  I mean it with all my being.

#TBC
Like and comment.
Thanks for sticking around.