The Spy

Your POV

Right as I though it, I felt a whoosh of wind and a pull. I was still in the hospital, but a different section. All of a sudden, I see Will coming in on a hospital gurney screaming in pain and holding himself. My mom and Bob were next to him saying.
" God! Hold on, sweetie! I'm right here. Just hold on." my mom sobbed. "Will?" I said. My voice echoed in my own ears. I followed them to a room and Will was moved onto a bed. My mom was being held back by a doctor while nurses were checking him. 
"Will, where does it hurt?" one of the nurses asked. "All over." Will groaned loudly as a doctor started to cut his shirt. "She says he feels like he's burning.Check for burns." the doctor said as one of the nurses tore Will's shirt off. "Where does it hurt the most, Will?" the female nurse asked. "Everywhere! Everywhere!" Will screamed. As they punctured a needle into his veins which seduced him to sleep, I saw my mom break down and so did I. Will was in pain and I couldn't do anything about it. I wanted to stay so I did. 

About a few minutes later, one of the doctors that I recognized from my room came up to my mom. "Joyce Byers?" he asked. "That's me." my mom stood up. "About your daughter. Around 8 o'clock this evening, your daughter had a seizure in her sleep..."
"-What?" my mom asked, covering her mouth. "She's okay. Though we did witness some strange happenings with her-"
"-Strange happenings? What strange happenings," my mom asked briskly, interrupting the doctor. "Well after her seizure had stopped, she started screaming as if she were in pain. Then all of a sudden, it stopped."
My mom's eyes showed confusion, but after a second it looked like she had realized something, but the doctor didn't notice. "How is she doing now?" my mom asked. "Fine. Everything's normal."
"Can I go see her?" my mom asked. "By all means." the doctor replied. "Bob, watch Will, will you?" my mom asked Bob. "Yeah, sure. But, after you I get to go see the kiddo."
I smiled at that. Bob was really nice. I'd even consider him as a dad to be honest. He made me feel like I was special in a good way. He made me feel something that my father had never made me feel. 

I followed my mom to my hospital room which was a floor up. The doctor left as she entered my room and looked at my sleeping figure. She went to sit by me and took my hand. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart." she told me. "I know that you probably think I've been paying more attention to Will than you. I'm so sorry I haven't visited since I brought you in, but Will. He's been acting strange. As if that shadow figure he's been seeing is in him and he's been having these weird memories he's never seen before called now memories. I don't know. I'm still trying to piece everything together. But, I promise that when you wake up i'll try to be a better mother for you. I know I should've fought harder for your custody and you should've stayed with me. I'm sorry I wasn't there to save you then and I'm even sorrier for not being there to save you now,"
my mom was crying and so was I. I didn't think about any of those things about her. I mean, I didn't know that no one had visited me since I was brought in, and that makes me upset, but I didn't hate her for it. I loved her more than anyone could love their mom. "Mom, don't think like that," my voice echoed. Then I realized she couldn't hear me. I dropped my head and cried.

A few minutes later, my mom was drawn from my room by a doctor to talk. I recognized the doctor as the one my brother's been seeing for therapy. Just then Bob and Mike come in. "Hi kiddo." Bob said as if my sleeping self could hear him. "We miss ya kid. Will needs ya. We all do. You're a good kid. Smart, funny, kind."
Bob took a seat next to my bed while Mike stood beside me. I was touched by his kind words. I always wanted my father to say something like that to me, but I never did and hearing him say that, knowing that my mom was with this man, I don't know what I would do if my mom didn't have someone like Bob in her life. "How long has she been like this?" Bob asked. "Two days." Mike replied. "Ever since Will had an episode on the field."
"And she just happened to slip into a coma when he had an episode."
"Yeah. She'd also faint when Will had other episodes. But, in the end she'd always wake up. This time, she didn't." Mike explained. "It doesn't make sense."
Mike said nothing as he continued to stare at my sleeping body.