Chapter Six

This morning I'm with Newt trying out the job of a farmer. We are in the middle of the gardens. He's showing me the difference between all the plants.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked suddenly standing up and facing me.

"Sure" I said.

"What happened between you and Minho? I saw the two of you walking into the woods together then this morning at breakfast he was uncharacteristically quiet." Newt stared at me awaiting my answer.

"Well, he kissed me and the kiss progressed and got pretty heated but I stopped it. I told him I wouldn't let him go any farther than that kiss. Then I walked back to the homestead." I explained kicking at the dirt.

"I knew he had a thing for you. Pretty much everyone knew. The guy can't be subtle at all." Newt chuckled.

"You think he's mad?" I asked him.

"Nah, he will be over it before you know it and he will be right back to hitting on you again. Minho is not one to give up." Newt smiled.

"Do you like him?" Newt asked me taking a step closer.

I shrugged.

"I don't really know. I only remembered my name yesterday. I've only been here a few days. I'm still trying to fill everything out. I don't think I'm ready to like anyone yet."

"Well warn me before you get there cause I have a feeling most of the guys are going to attempt to get with you." Newt laughed as he bent back down.

"What about you?" I asked curiously.

He seemed to freeze for a moment. Then he started picking at the weeds in the dirt.

"I think you're wonderful Emi but not really my type." He said slowly and quietly.

I bent down to help him with the weeds.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I questioned quietly.

Newt chuckled. He popped his head up to look around him before turning back to me.

"It means you're not a guy so you're not my type." He gave me a small shy smile.

I couldn't help the large grin that spread across my face.

"No way!" I shouted earning me a slap on the arm from the blonde.

"Sorry" I whispered.

I laughed but made sure Newt knew his secret was safe with me. I think I just found my best friend. It'll be nice to have someone to talk to about these ridiculous boys.

"Anyone you have an eye on?" I asked quietly as we walked towards one of the tree stumps.

"I use to have a crush on Minho for awhile but that went away awhile back. Now I'm not really into anyone. Maybe one of these days a boy will come out of that box and change that." He smiled hopefully.

"I swear I will get you hooked up with someone one of these days." I grinned at him.

He laughed then started wacking away at the stump. The day went by quickly thanks to Newt and I chatting each other up. I couldn't remember the last time I laughed this much. Before we knew it the bell for lunch sounded.

"I figure after lunch I'm gonna throw you with the builders if that's alright. Speed up the process a little bit." Newt said as we walked towards the hut.

"Yes!" I exclaimed happily.

Newt laughed shaking his head. I think he already knew I was interested in being a builder. I just feel like I'll like that the best. Like I'll be the best at that. Plus I want to out do Gally in any way I can. Not sure why I have a need to do that but I do.