Chapter 1

<Harry's Pov>

***Niall Age 7***

It is Nialls first day of 1st grade today. All day, I have been reading his mind. I can do that because his guardian angel. His thoughts mostly are about food. I'm not surprise though. Over the past year, I've learned he loves food.

A lot. He can also sing and wants to play guitar someday. His mum is never around due to her 3 jobs. Everyone can see me, but they practically ignore me. Not that I'm complaining. These humans are so annoying! Except Niall. He's....special. School is almost over so I should go get him...

<10 Minutes later>

When I pick him up from school, he is very quiet. The drive home is silent, and as soon as I stop the car, he jumps out and runs to his room. Getting closed to his closed door, I hear his pained sobs. I open the door to a heart breaking scene. Niall is laying on his bed, face red, tears running down his pink cheeks. He is shaking badly and I feel the sudden wanting to protect him. I sit next to him and wrap my arms around his small figure.

"Whats wrong buddy?" I ask in a gentle voice, running my hands through his hair. He relaxes a little and looks up at me. Blue clashes with green and my breath hitches.

"Some kids m-made f-f-fun of m-my te-eeth." he stutters before sobbing again. I rub his back and rock him slowly until he falls asleep. I change him into his pj's and cuddle with him. Tomorrow, I'm coming to school with him.

<The next day>

After we get ready, me and Niall head off to his class. Upon opening the door, immediately, a boy with brown hair and brown eyes laughs at Ni and the blonde faces the floor and tears run down his cheeks. The teacher is not seen so i take a chance. I stride over to the boy, and very nicely tell him to Back the fuck off. His eyes water and I chuckle. Thats what you get for messing with my Ni. I exit the class and as I pass Niall, I ruffle his hair and he sends me a grateful smile. This is easier than I thought.