Radiant Love [03]

Chapter three

He carried her over to his chair and placed her in it. It was warm and comfortable and she melted slightly. He leaned down in front of her, between her knees and rested his arms gently on her legs. She looked down into his dark eyes.

“What are you?” She asked.

“Something not human.” He said simply, eyes on hers.

“What?” She said.

“We are not human. That is all you need to know.” He said.

“Are you Vampires?” She asked in a quiet, trembling voice.

He smiled a very dangerous sort of smile. “Something like that.”

She felt her throat close up and tears swelled up. “What’s going to happen to me?”

“Nothing bad, nothing bad.” He said softly.

A tear rolled down her cheek and he reached up to brush it away softly. His fingers were cool but comforting. How could they be so scared of him? She though to herself.

Looks can be deceiving.

It was just a breath but it made her dizzy. I can still hear you?

Yes and I can hear you. I can also see what’s happening.

What is he going to do to me?

Something not pleasant, but I’m sure you will enjoy it.

I don’t know who you think I am-

“Are you alright?” He asked gently.

She nodded slowly, feeling exhausted. He cupped her cheek gently and they flushed in surprise. He stroked his thumb across it and she shivered.

Told you.

The voice was angry, very angry. A shock jolted through her and her eyes widened. It was like she could actually feel his anger. It was hot, scalding, shooting through her entire body. She recoiled from the boss’s hand. He sighed.

“It’s okay to like it.” He said softly.

She shook her head mutely and his hand dropped, instead he just looked hard into her eyes. Then he stood abruptly.

What do I do?

He grabbed her hand and pulled her up, putting an arm around her waist to hold her upright. She flinched but didn’t move away.

Don’t fight it.

Don’t fight what!?

He began leading her away, when she asked what he was doing, he wouldn’t reply.

Don’t fight him.

His voice died away softly to a murmur, he sounded scared. She wondered what he was going to do to her. He led her through a door and she was in a bedroom. She jerked to a stop. He turned to look at her, eyebrows raised. She shook her head.

Don’t fight him. He will hurt you!

HELP ME!

I can’t…

“What?” He asked, still pulling her.

She wouldn’t speak, she refused to. She was terrified suddenly, so terrified. Any amount of rationality she had left her, her free hand reached behind her and grabbed onto to the only thing she could, the door handle. She shook head again.