Chapter 12

The door swung open. I was grabbed by the arm and pulled back in the room.

Jordan lifted my chin up forcing me to look him right in his eyes.

"Look, I'm tired of being nice to you. You wasn't talking this most shit when I was in between yo legs or when I was beating yo ass. You don't wanna have my baby? Oh fucking well, Mari. You stuck wit me and this baby now." He said "I'm just gonna leave cause it's taking everything in me not to beat the hell out of you right now."

He grabbed his phone and keys. "Call me if you need anything." He walked out slamming the door

I started packing my stuff. I put everything in the car and then I walked back inside. I left my keys on the kitchen counter.

I walked into my bathroom and got all my makeup and hair products. I walked back out to my car.

"Where you going?" Jordan asked just as I was about to get in my car

I looked at him like he lost his mind. "What?" I asked

"Where are you going?" He asked as he moved closer to me.

"What you doing back so early?"

"Marianna, I know I just asked you the same question two times. Where the hell are you going?"

"Far away from you." He picked me up. "Put me down!"

"You not even that huge for a pregnant woman."

"Awww thank you." I said forgetting everything. "Jordan, put me down!" I yelled over and over again as he didn't listen to a word I said and continued to carry me back inside.

"Sir, I think she wants you to put her down." One of my neighbors said

"Nigga I think you need to mind ya goddamn business!" Jordan said

They started arguing back and forth. I was really getting tired. Like I'm basically just chilling on this niggas arms with my head rested on his shoulder.

"Hell nah!" Jordan yelled. He carried me upstairs to my apartment. He opened the door and sat me on the couch and then he started running around.

"Where are you going?" I asked

He wasn't even looking at me. "Where is it?" He kept mumbling until he found whatever it was he was looking for. Then I realized he was loading his gun

"Jordan, put your gun down. What you gettin mad for? It's not that serious."

"Shut up! I got this. Just do what I tell you to do." He opened the door and then started shooting. I just shook my head

I heard people screaming, running, knocking shit over, everything.

He grabbed my hand and we started walking out of the apartment.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I looked around. People are laying on the ground, bleeding, some are running around. It was a fucking murder scene.

Jordan covered my eyes when I stopped walking.

"Sorry. I thought you could handle it." He said before putting me in the car.

***

"We gotta leave town for a little while." He said making me sigh. "I could get life for that shit, but it don't matter."

I chuckled "When are you gonna stop doing this shit? You're 21, you're not 16 anymore. Back then, the thug shit was cute. Now, it's old. I'm having our first baby and every day and night you walk out the door, I'm gonna have to prepare a speech to tell our child about why you died? All good shows come to an end, when is yours?"

He slapped my thigh "This shit ain't no show." I rubbed my thigh "This real fucking life."

"Pull this bitch over! Right Now!" I yelled

"Bruh, I'm not about to pull over. You can forget all that."

"Nigga I said pull the fucking car over!"

"And I said I'm not finna pull over. So just drop it!"

"Pull the car over!" I said hitting the dashboard

"Aye, stop hitting my damn dashboard."

"Pull the car over, like I asked you to." I kept hitting the dashboard

"We're on the fucking highway. What do you want me to pull over for? You gotta throw up, piss, or something?"

"I wanna get away from you!"

We went back and forth until he stopped the car outside of this house.