4

Hermione

I don't know why, but I felt like he'd pick me to help him. But the decision to take someone's life is too extreme. No wonder he's getting help. 'I know this decision is even more difficult than the one before, that's why you get more time. Draco, you and Hermione will be consulting on the Astronomy Tower for 1 ½ hour. If anyone goes near them and tries to influence them, that person is the next war victim.' Jordan said everything so quietly and yet it sounded so threatening. I've only seen one person do this, and that was Voldemort. If that theory is true, then we're all doomed. I have to tell Draco about this. I need to know what he thinks of it. When Emily Jordan started our time, Draco and I went up to the astronomy tower. Neither of us said a word. He was probably immersed in what he was supposed to do, and I thought about aspects of my conclusion. But I hardly knew her, so I didn't think of any. I just pulled that statement out of the air. I don't like the fact that I have to admit I'm wrong. Again, it's better if I'm wrong. I instinctively hope I made all this up. When we arrived at the astronomy tower, I sat on the ground. Draco, however, stopped and looked down. However, he was not supported on the edge because this was no longer present. 'I already know what I'm gonna do, Hermione,' he said. The first thing I noticed was that he used my first name but with this situation, I can somehow understand that. 'What's that?' 'I won't take anyone's life that's why I. . . ' he stopped just before he continued. '. . . I will choose myself' I got up like in slow motion when I heard that. 'Draco, are you sure? I mean maybe there is a Lestrange left here or someone else but' I tried to change his mind but he interrupted me. 'No, I won't even have them on my conscience. Enough have died. If it has to be someone, it has to be me. No matter what you say, you won't change my mind, so you better find another topic of conversation for the next 1 ½ hours, Hermione.' For some reason I know he's serious and that I can't stop him, so I just cut out my theory as a topic of conversation. 'I think Emily Jordan could be Voldemort's daughter' He said nothing when he turned to me. He just looked at me. After he decided he was staring at me enough, he turned around. 'What makes you think that?', he said as soon as he looked down. 'It's possible I only picked it up out of thin air because the way she talked before reminded me of him. I mean, I don't even know her, so I don't have any reasons' He was still looking down as he answered me. 'It's possible that you imagined it, but it's not impossible that you might be right. We don't know anything about her parents or anything about her.' I didn't think he'd even begin to think about it. 'We could steal into the library but I don't know if she'd notice,' he added. 'I could send Harry a Patronus to look for a book and I could accio it.' He nodded when he said, 'Do it but watch the time' And so I conjured up a Patronus and sent Harry my message through the blue shining otter. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long, but a stag came to me and let Harry's voice sound. 'I found a book and put it in an open place. It's called "Family Trees of the Wizards"' Then the stag faded and I achioed the book here. I started to open the thick, dust-covered book and skim the table of contents. While I was lost in the book, I noticed Draco turning around and watching me from above. I didn't say anything about it but leafed through the book until I got to Jordan. However, I closed the book again after reading the page. 'What is it?', Draco asked when he saw I was frustrated. 'Nothing about an Emily Jordan just Lee Jordan. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't know anything about her.' Draco didn't let on what he was thinking. 'Either there are other books with family trees, or her name isn't "Jordan". The Dark Lord used to be called Tom Riddle and one of his parents had a different last name.' I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand. How could I be so stupid? I should have checked with Riddle or Gaunt. So I opened the book again and looked for Riddle. Meanwhile, Draco sat with me. He was just completely silent and somehow this silence is uncanny. Perhaps because the whole situation is not the most normal in the world. Even for witches and wizards. I couldn't find "Riddle" As I just remembered, the Riddle family is all Muggles. Apart from Voldemort, of course. No wonder it's not listed. Which means if she's not in the Gaunts, there's no way of finding anything out. Harry said, however, that nobody knew anything about Voldemort's birth, so he is unlikely to be in the book and if he should have a daughter then she definitely wouldn't as well.
Frustrated, I closed the book again. 'It's of no value. Even if she's his daughter, it's not gonna be anywhere.' While I slowly let the book sink to the bottom of the tower, Draco was silent. He's usually a bigmouth. No one could silence him unless they threatened him. But now he just lost the desire to brag and fool around. I mean, it's obviously in his place. Bet he wishes he'd never come back. I was worried about him though. He looked as pale and sickly as he did last year. I know, I know. Hermione Granger is worried about Draco Malfoy.
I flinched slightly when he suddenly started talking. 'It's time'