3

Draco

I went towards the hall a little later than Granger. I stayed in front of the closed door until I heard a voice from inside. 'Draco, won't you come in?' I knew right away who it was, that Emily. I don't think I can forget her voice anymore, as she had called my name into the crowd and made me the character of her own chessboard. There must be a catch to all this. I said or thought that so often this day alone. I finally opened the doors of the Great Hall and went inside. Emily was already standing on her 'podium' like before and looked in my direction. 'Please come to me in the front.' The others in the hall cleared the way for me, hoping I would prefer them. But I had already made my decision and now it is time to share it with everyone. I walked down the aisle to her pedestal and stood next to Emily Jordan. 'So Draco,' she pulled my name pretty long. 'what have you decided? Who shall live again?' I looked at Emily and I could feel all the looks on me. I couldn't look at them all. But I felt a certain look even more than all the others. Hermione Granger's. I took a longer time than I should but somehow I enjoyed it to have the upper hand even if it was just for that one moment. It reminds me of the old days when I was the Ice Prince of Slytherin. But those times are long gone. 'Fred Weasley.' My voice was nothing more than a whisper, a caw. 'Please repeat it so everyone understands you.' I looked into the round in front of me. Nobody understood anything. I cleared my throat a few times and repeated the name. 'Fred Weasley!'This time my voice was firm. I looked at the Weasleys. Everyone had tears in their eyes. George Weasley formed a 'thank you' in my direction. I nodded slightly in response. 'So let's get to the second part of your assignment, where you can also consult.' 'Part Two? Consult with who? About what?' I said right in between. What's Jordan talking about?! I thought I was just supposed to pick someone and she'd do her thing. 'That's your choice of who you consult with. However, I will give you a handful of people to choose from.' George Weasley interrupted her. 'What's the second task?' It seemed to me as if he was already screaming, it had become so quiet in the hall. 'Well, it's so. . . ' She pulled out the last word. Too long. I knew this thing had a catch. Granger looked at me with a 'that was so clear' look. 'I can only bring back one person alive if I take another life for it.' Can or want?' Granger called in. 'Both. So let's get to the point. Draco, you have to choose a person to help you. There is a choice to be made: Hermione Granger, George Weasley, Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood. Now your decision, Draco?' Don't I get time to think this time? I don't really need time either, I already knew who I was taking. That person has been helpful to me before. I answered immediately after Jordan had finished speaking. 'Hermione Granger.'