Event Planner's Guide to Travel Security By Paul Viollis

This article was contributed by Paul Viollis.

Balancing event productivity/profitability with ongoing criminal intelligence and venue-related risk is perhaps more challenging than ever before for the event planner. Given the increased risk of terrorism both on American soil and abroad amidst a plethora of other domestic and foreign concerns, this cadre of professionals is clearly in a precarious position as they attempt to solidify the 2016 calendar.

Given the apparent risks and the need for peace of mind, the following illustrates current "Best Practices" for enhancing personal safety during travel.

Pre-Travel Planning

Limit travel itinerary to a "need to know" basis and delegate someone as a 24/7 contact and arrange daily communication protocol.

Every traveler should have a system of accountability for tracking family members while traveling. This information must be limited to involved parties only and never discussed outside that inner circle.

Provide prearranged car service submitting segments of travel only.

Ensure no signs are presented to identify the individual traveling by name at the airport.

Travel Precautions

Always maintain a low profile.
Avoid routine patterns and vary travel routes.
Be conscious of being followed.
Never leave a laptop or any type of mobile electronic device unattended and only travel with needed data by utilizing removable media/data storage.
Affix an identification label to the outside of laptop to avoid confusion of ownership while processing through secure checkpoints.
Morning arrivals and departures are recommended.
Take caution when conversing with strangers despite their personal appearance.
Avoid traveling with items that are not absolutely necessary.
Limit items to be carried.
Dine in recognized eateries not off the beaten path.
Avoid street vendor food.

Paul Viollis, Sr. has dedicated his career to the protection of our country, as well as the shareholder value of the businesses he has navigated to the pinnacle of their respective vertical markets.

Read Full Article @ https://goodmanspeakers.com/the-event-planners-guide-to-travel-security/