Chapter One

001. THE GIRL COULD RULE A GALAXY
━━━━━━━━ ✨💫⚡️ ━━━━━━━━
MONA VALEBROKK

Mona Valebrokk, despite being many things, is not a risk-taker. She's the person who you will find in the corner at parties, in the library during the holidays and finding her on a broomstick was more rare than finding the ultimate card of Agrippa form the chocolate frogs. She never runs down or up stairs ( she never ran at all really ) and she's easily the first person to give up in any challenge which required physical exertion but the last person you would see leave the classroom. How exactly she got selected to accompany the headmaster and twelve other students for the Triwizard tournament is unknown to a large majority of Durmstrang's student body. Because Mona Valebrokk, timid little Mona Valebrokk is surely not a candidate for the Triwizard Tournament! The students were more than astonished when they found out the school gossip bore truth, Mona was indeed putting her name in for one of the most dangerous and physically hardest tournament that could ever exist in the Wizarding world. None of them could believe and they all began to doubt that the Goblet of Fire would pick her name. Because she was Mona Valebrokk. And she was not brave nor capable enough to be selected by the wise and glorious Goblet of Fire, no, the Goblet, with all its magical wisdom will only select the worthy. And Mona Valebrokk, among many things was not worthy.

     But let's rewind a little.

"Mona! Merlin, watch out." Viktor Krum's alerting voice ripped Mona away from her thoughts and pulled her closer to him, their bodies colliding in a completely platonic manner.

Mona's eyes widened and a small gasp fell from her lips as a student whizzed past on their broom. She moved her adrift hair away from her face and Viktor released his grip on her. As she stepped back, she gave him a grateful smile, her sage eyes meeting his sapphire ones. Viktor Krum was not bad looking. Mona's always thought this and everyone, who's ever seen or even heard of Viktor knew this. Viktor had sharp, piercing blue eyes that seemed to delve into the depths of your soul. How his light eyes contrasted against his tan skin was what illuminated his beauty. Of course everything else added to the aesthetic of his appearance, his strawberry plump lips, his sharp nose, his defined jawline.

"Thanks Vik. I kinda got lost in my head a little." Mona let out a small laugh and the two resumed their walk.

"Little Mona lost in her head, that's a first." Viktor chuckled, sarcasm clearly entangled with his words.

"Why are people always calling me little? And using my full name? I'm of average height!" Mona's tone raised a little and her hands begin to wave around ( as they always did when she spoke ) in gestures and movements which caused people walking to raise an eyebrow. The former she knew absolutely nothing about but the latter, she really should have thought about it better. Because she knows full well why people use her last name. Everyone did. Having Valebrokk on your robe, your books, your cards, was an automatic label for malevolence. Saying her full name was an insult.

"Well you look tiny next to me. And you're always next to me so. . ." Viktor shrugged his shoulders. It was true, there was never a time where Viktor was not seen with Mona and vice versa. When Viktor's practicing for Quidditch Mona's there, when Mona is browsing at the library, Viktor's there. They were inseparable and they made a pact in their first night at the school that nothing could come between them. "The full name thing, I have no idea."

"How would you like being called Viktor Etta Krum." Mona leaned into Viktor, a mischievous smirk dancing upon her lips.

"Hey, I told you my middle name in confidence." Victor whispered, his cheeks flushing ruby at the mention of his rather feminine nickname.