Prompto appeared amenable, nudging Ignis' shoulder as if it would sway his judgement. He hadn't immediately rejected the idea though. Instead, the elf stood there watching Gladio with his scrutinizing gaze, as though he were analysing his very soul. For a brief moment, he wondered where the kid had learnt to do that, for now Gladio chalked it up to his parents. God only knows how many times Clarus had given him that exact same look.

"While I believe it to be a futile effort... It couldn't hurt to try. We'd be no better than most humans if we didn't and I believe that renders my condition void. What say you, Prompto?"

"Okay! Wait- Did I sound too excited? Sorry... So what's your name?" Prompto asked, finally emerging from behind Ignis, still skittish but more confident. Happier too. These two seem like polar opposites but from what Gladio can see, they share a strong bond regardless, much like he and Iris.

Gladio extended his hand towards the pixie, grinning like an idiot. "Gladiolus. People just call me Gladio though."

Prompto shook his hand, smiling without reservation. The kid had pretty small hands, but then again, Gladio's just older and bigger. The pixie elbowed Ignis in the side, an expectant look on his face but when the elf made no move to accept the handshake, Prompto took it upon himself to fix it. He grabbed Ignis' hand and forced him to return the gesture, sniggering at the others clear distaste for touching Gladio's hand.

"C'mon Iggy... You said we'll try so try!"

Ignis grimaced at the nickname and Gladio made a mental note of it. "Yes well. I'm not fond of people touching me, human or fae. So don't take it personally. I suppose he's an exception, most of the time," Ignis explained, nodding towards Prompto. "In any case. You and I have a training session scheduled do we not?"

"Ah yeah... Hey- Prompto, I could train you if you want to, y'know, to defend yourself. Guess it'd be helpful when Ignis ain't around."

"Sure! Can I come watch you guys today? So I know where to go and stuff too?" Prompto inquired. Gladio noticed the more excited or joyous the pixie became, the brighter he became. Literally. He has a golden aura about him that isn't metaphorical.

Instead of answering, Gladio gestured for him to follow, noting Ignis didn't protest at all.

The entire walk back, Prompto almost literally vibrated with enthusiasm, taking in the new surroundings with wide eyes and a delighted smile. The kid didn't act like he was pelted with stones, verbal abuse and taken captive. Maybe it's a pixie thing. If the guards were suspicious, they didn't say anything, at least not to them. Gladio can't even begin to fathom how badly he's going to be told off later, after all, he's essentially making friends with the enemy. Speaking of which, he has some apologising to do at some point for arguing with Ignis. They were both in the wrong but Gladio feels worse about it with each passing day.

Thankfully the training hall was empty or at least, mostly empty. The only person there was Noct, sprawled out on the floor, panting like he'd just done the workout of his life.

"There you are! Cor just kicked my butt 'cause you skipped out... Hey Ignis." The Prince waved. Both Gladio and Ignis waved back, Prompto shrank back behind the elf, shifting anxiously. "Who's that?"

Gladio groaned and jogged over to his charge, kneeling down to explain. Noct nodded and didn't say anything else, instead he scrambled to his feet and limped over to the fae, glancing at Ignis for- Permission, for lack of a better word. Prompto peered round and nearly headbutted Noctis, not realising the Prince had come that close and obviously startled by that fact.

"I'm not gonna hurt you jeez, just wanna see if you're friendlier than this ice-block." Noct said, pointedly not looking at Ignis to avoid the glare sent his way. Prompto though appreciated the light-hearted joke, cracking a smile despite himself. "Besides, you haven't done anything to me. Anyway, I gotta go. Ignis- I left something on your bed, might help you out."