XXXII. Sending A Message

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry if I pull on any feathers." He tells me, before I shoot off into the sky, hearing Scott's screams as I fly towards the roof.

Rhodey is bringing Bucky onto the roof, and when I glance back, I see Bucky being carried by his metal arm. When we reach the roof, I let Scott get off of me before I shift back into a human. When he is at full size again, the smile on his face is infectious.

"That was awesome!" He says, bringing his hand up for a high five. I let out a chuckle, hitting his hand.

Rhodey drops Bucky onto the roof, landing just a few feet away from us. I approach him, giving him a reassuring smile. "You'll be fine. Let me know if you two see anything."

Bucky nods, forcing a smile. I cup his face with both my hands, bringing my mouth to his. His whole body is tense, and even as he holds my arms, his grip is rather tight. He's uncomfortable that we have an audience.

I pull back from him, brushing a piece of his hair away from his eyes, before stepping back from him. He tosses the backpack to Rhodey, who after a moment flies off the roof and towards the building next door. With a running start, I jump off of the roof, shifting into a hawk and flying after Rhodey.

As soon as they see Rhodey, the cameras begin pointing our direction. Thankfully, all of the press are behind a line of police tape, so they can't stick their microphones in our faces as Rhodey and I land in front of the building.

As I shift back into a human, the crowd erupts, shouting both of our names rather loudly, trying to get any morsel of information from us. I'm glad they're here though, because for once the press might actually be useful.

The police aren't the only people here. I'm shocked to find Everett Ross standing a few feet from us, talking with a couple members of the Lensk police department. He hears the reporters calling my name and turns around and smiles at the both of us. He says something to the police officers before he walks over to us, saying lowly;

"It's good to see you. I wish it was under better circumstances. I'm glad you're alright, I heard about you being taken." He says. I pull him in for a quick hug, which he gives me despite his colleagues being around him. He also gives Rhodey a handshake and a smile, acting a bit more professional.

"I'm alright, Everett. I know how we can stop the attacks, but I gotta ask you to trust me. Like I had told you before, she's a shapeshifter, but she's a shapeshifter who wants to use me to get rid of her powers."

Everett nods. "What's her name?"

"Analiese Remington. She was a HYDRA scientist. Shuri has come up with a cure to give her so she won't have her powers anymore. She won't be able to do more harm. But in order to give it to her, we'd need to bring her to Wakanda with us. We need to set up a meeting place so we can bring her in."

I can see in Everett's eyes that he doesn't like the fact we would be harboring a fugitive and not bringing her into CIA custody right away. But Everett trusts me, so he nods his head. "What do you need me to do?"

"She told me while she held me captive that she found me in the first place by watching the news. She also has been using these attacks as messages to me. If I send her a message and have the reporters broadcast it, I'll be able to lure her in."

"What kind of message?"

"I want to paint the word 'Siberia' on this building. She'll know what it means and she'll know where to meet. You have to promise that you'll allow us to cure her of her powers before you take her in. I will call you once her powers are gone. There's no way you'll be able to keep her captive if she has her powers."

He touches my shoulder gently, giving me a reluctant smile. "My superiors won't like this...but yes. Yes, I promise you I'll wait for Shuri to cure her. But you can't wait a second later. The moment she is normal, I'll have an entourage with me to pick her up."