"How are you feeling?" He asks her in German.

She smiles up at her brother, reaching out for his hand. "Better now that you're here. Can you forgive me?"

He kneels down next to the bed, gripping her hand tightly and nodding his head once. "There's nothing to forgive. You're a hero, and you just did what heroes do. Besides, you're my sister, I can never stay mad at you."

Lena nods, her voice dropping quieter. "I couldn't be happier about you and Khari getting engaged. He's more than I could have ever hoped for you."

Alex smiles to himself. "Me either. I never thought I'd get this, and I'm glad I do, even if it isn't forever..."

I shut my eyes and bow my head, feeling the weight of that statement. In all of the chaos of Lena leaving, I completely forgot about the bombshell dropped on all of us. Lena, Alex, and I will all live for at least another one hundred and fifty years. Khari won't. I can't imagine what pain Alex must feel, knowing that he doesn't get to live his whole life with the man he loves.

Selfishly, I felt unexplainable levels of joy at the knowledge Lena will live as long as I will. When the time comes, I know she and I will both be there for him. He wouldn't have to bare the pain alone.

By the look on her face, Lena had forgotten about this as well. She grips her brother's hand tighter. "Let's not think about that. We have him now and that's what's important," She says, the pain in her voice evident from the thought of losing her best friend. "When do you two want to tie the knot?"

"Whenever this whole mess is over. We haven't talked about it much, but we don't want a big event. Just close friends. It will be here obviously, and Khari said it's tradition for Jabari warriors to get married in their uniforms. I'm happy about that; he looks hot in his uniform. I also demand a honeymoon that isn't interrupted or ruined by psychopathic shapeshifters or aliens from space."

Lena laughs lightly. "I think that's a reasonable request. I'm flattered you want me to be your maid of honor."

"Like I would ask anybody else. You did suggest Madonna, but I don't think she's available."

Lena creases her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"You told us Madonna was on the ship with us when we rescued you. You also told us your vomit was Jabba the Hutt and that the trees outside were trying to kill you."

Lena shakes her head. "You're never going to live that down are you?"

"Live down the first time my baby sister was high? Absolutely not. These are the precious sibling memories we were deprived of."

Another knock comes to the door and Khari pokes his head in, locking eyes with Alex. "My love? My parents want to talk to us both."

Alex looks back at Lena, who nods her head towards Khari. "Go on. Tell Makena and Lekan I said I miss them and that I'm doing much better."

Alex squeezes her hand again, getting onto his feet. "I'm sure they'll come by later, but I'll tell them."

As Alex makes his way towards the door, Shuri and Bruce do as well. Shuri tells us that she'll be back in a couple hours to check on her, before she smiles at her best friend and slips out of the room.

As soon as we are alone, Lena covers her face with her hands, shaking her head. "I had forgotten about what Bruce and Shuri had told us. How am I supposed to comfort Alex about that? I feel so helpless."

I make my way over towards her, sitting on the edge of the bed. "There's nothing you can say or do to make him okay with losing Khari. When the time comes the three of us will have each other. That's all we'll be able to do."

She uncovers her face, and I see tears spill down her face. "Not only that, but remember what Bruce and Shuri said about us?"

I nod once. "About...about having kids? They said it wouldn't be an issue."

"They said they think it wouldn't be an issue. So many things could go wrong, for me and for the baby. They're right; a baby born with shapeshifting powers is so unpredictable. But even if everything goes smoothly, then our baby would have both of our powers. Do we want to rob an innocent child of their choices? Like we were robbed of ours?"

I sit myself up, making my way to the other side of the bed, lying down next to her. She turns around to face me, another tear spilling down her cheek. I wipe it away, telling her honestly; "I don't know. I really don't. Neither of us are in a place right now to have kids, so I think we should table the discussion until we are ready."

Lena nods. "I think so too. But I know it's something I eventually want."

I smile at her lightly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Me too. But we have all the time in the world to decide what our future looks like. For right now you need to focus on getting better. After that, we need to find Remington and stop her."

Lena nods, a mix of emotions going over her face. I know she doesn't want to wait to stop her, but she doesn't have a choice. With a look of exhaustion and conviction, she lets out a deep breath. "I have a lot to tell you about Analiese, about what I learned while she held me captive. I also think I have an idea...but for now you're right. Right now I just want to be here with you."

I can't help the smile that spreads over my face. I nod to her, collecting her into my arms. I had never felt this amount of relief before; the fact she's here, here in my arms. The fact she's safe, it drives away all the fears and doubts I have about the future, about the future I could have with her. The truth is, I worry about the same things she does. What if I'm lucky enough to become a father and my child resents me for ripping away their freedom and choices in life? I don't think I could bare it. I don't think Lena could either.

For now I won't think about it. For now I'll focus on the sound of her breaths as they slow down, on the feeling of her head resting on my chest, on the knowledge she's safe. Because that's all that's important right now.