New Friends

Chapter 2

Gringots was huge. I was so overwhelmed by the sheer size that I wasn't paying any attention to where I was walking and ran into a boy with flaming red hair.

"Hullo," he said as if I hadn't run him over. "I'm Fred Weasley."

"I'm Jessica. Sorry about running into you. This is my first time here."

"Don't worry about it," said a voice coming from behind me. "He has a hard head.

"Oi, Percy, come meet Jessica. It's her first trip here."

The boy came around in front of me, and I could easily tell they were brothers, but definitely not twins.

"I'm Percy," he said extending his hand.

I took it wearily and replied, "Pleasure."

"Where's Georgie?" Fred asked Percy.

"Over with mum where you ought to be."

Fred ran over to a desk where a woman with reddish grey hair, two boys with red hair, and a girl with, you guessed it, red hair. The older woman with the reddish grey hair was obviously the mother, and one of the two other boys looked exactly like Fred excpet his bangs were swept to the other side. Fred introduced me to the rest of his family. The one who looked like Fred was his twin brother George, and the other boy's name was Ronald, he preferred to go by Ron. The girl's name was Ginny, and Fred had two other brothers who were waiting outside named Bill and Charlie. His mom's name was Molly, but being a polite girl, I preferred to call her Mrs. Weasley.

"I wouldn't mind taking her with me to the vaults if you like," Mrs. Weasley offered to my mum.

"Thank you, I'm not exactly supposed to go down there being a muggle," mum answere slightly embarrassed.

"No worry dear. I hold nothing against muggles. You're a person too deary," Mrs. Weasley said smiling wide at my mother.

Mrs. Weasley led us to a cart that looked like something off a roller coaster, and we all climbed in.

"This is the fun part," Fred and George told me at the same time.

Just from knowing them for a few moments told me to be scared when they said "fun", so I was wary as the roller coster car thing started moving. I was right to be scared as the speed nearly caused my skin to peal off.

"You call that fun!?" I asked them when we reached our stop.

The Weasley vault was right next to mine, so we went our separate ways into the vaults, and Fred and George decided they'd follow me.

"Merlin's Pants!" they gasped when he saw the piles upon piles of coins in the vault.

Each pile was of one typy of coin, and I believe there was close to fifty piles of each type of coin. I wanted to find a way to put all of that money into my pockets, but I also had a feeling it was safer here than if I had taken it all with me, so I only grabbed two hand fulls of each type of coin.

Once we left Gringotts, we headed for a shop called Flourish and Blotts where my mum went around finding my books, and paying for them. While we were there, Fred and George let off a stink bomb then rushed off to avoid being caught. It was difficult to prevent myself from laughing, but somehow I managed. After Flourish and Blotts was Madame Malkins Robes for All Occasions where I got quite a few sets. Next we went to a shop to find a cauldren, then off to Olivanders for my wand. My wand ended up being the first one he handed me. It was eleven and a half inches and made from yew wood. The core was dragon heart string. Once my wand was purchased, we left for home where the dogs awaited us. I didn't care that the rules were that we could have an owl, cat, or toad, I love my dogs, and I'm taking Teddy with me. I didn't want to only take Teddy, but I figured that I wouldn't push it by taking Ellie as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------