I. Greece

Chapter One
Soroya

I let out a deep breath, leaning my head against the doorway to the balcony. Wakanda makes every other place look dull in comparison, but Greece is undeniably beautiful. The hotel we are staying at is right by the water; I can smell the ocean and feel the sea breeze as I stand here, feel the glow of the sun on my bare skin.

One of the best decisions we have ever made was agreeing to take a vacation. I can't even remember the last time I had one. Maybe during the holidays when I was eleven, maybe even before that. We've been here two days now and I almost can't believe that I am able to do this. I'm able to take a break, and more importantly, take it with Alex, Khari, and Bucky.

I hear movement coming from the bed, accompanied by a low moan. I glance over and find that hidden under blankets, a metal hand is searching the empty side of the bed for me. I see Bucky's head pop up; with his eyes half open and his hair sticking in every direction. When he sees me he smiles, just like he's done every morning the past few days.

"Morning, liebchen," I say to him, flopping onto the bed next to him. I lean over and kiss his nose, this makes his smile grow. "Did you sleep well?"

He nods. "No nightmares."

I bring my arm up and rest my head on top of it, letting out a sigh. "What time is it?"

Bucky turns his head and looks at the clock on the bedside table. He groans. "It's 9:29."

I let out a sigh. "In three...two...one..."

Alex bursts through the door, fully dressed and a wide smile on his face. "Good morning, lovebirds. Get the hell out of bed. Greece is out there, not in here."

Bucky and I share a look before glaring at my brother. "You going to do this every morning?" Bucky asks.

"Think of me as your charming and handsome alarm clock."

I roll my eyes, sitting up and tightening my hotel robe. "Is Khari up?"

"It took some effort, but yes. He's getting coffee for everyone. And after that, I have a full day planned for us. We're going to go to the Delphi, the Acropolis Museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art. That one was Khari's request. Oh! And we're going to try to get into the Mykonos Island party."

I crease my eyebrows. "What?"

"It's a party on the Mykonos Island. I heard from some people downstairs that only A-list celebrities and really rich people are allowed in."

I'm still really confused. "And why does that mean we would get in?"

Alex gives me an obvious look. "You're an Avenger. If you can't get in to an exclusive party, who can?"

I wave at Alex in dismissal. "Give us fifteen minutes to get ready and we'll meet you down in the lobby."

Alex nods his head and shuts the door behind him. I look over to Bucky, who looks rather lost in thought. His eyes fall onto me, and they're filled with dread. "Please tell me we aren't going to that party."

I shake my head, watching him as he sits himself up. I crawl across the bed to sit behind him, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning my head on his shoulder. "I have no desire to party with McJagger on an island. Would you be alright if I persuaded him to accept a dance club? No one will recognize you there and you won't have snobby rich people breathing down your neck."

He brings his head to the side and leans it against mine, letting out a sigh. "They'll recognize you there, though. Won't they?"

I bring my hand up and brush a piece of his hair back. "That's unavoidable at this point."