Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Alexandra was working in the studio getting ready for a photo shoot with the star of a Northern drama that Idunna were shooting, when she saw Ricky. She'd glanced through the window and saw him leave reception with Robin Sanderson, the studio head. She frowned puzzled as to why Ricky would be here. When he had spoken about Robin Sanderson he'd been unable to hide his contempt. Having met the man it wasn't difficult to understand his dislike; the phrase lounge lizard had probably been invented for Sanderson. She shuddered slightly; in the week that she had been there he had made her feel uncomfortable. His manner had been too inappropriate, his touch too familiar and his eyes had intensely followed her every move, roaming over her body suggestively as if undressing her. So why was Ricky Deeming here?

Watching unobserved from the window it looked as if Sanderson was giving Ricky a guided tour. He was much taller than her boss and moved with languid grace and perfect posture. She smiled softly, he looked so uncomfortable in the suit his hand repeatedly loosening the tie. Funny he should have a suit and tie on, he hadn't even worn a suit to Livvy's funeral. He'd looked more at ease in the dress trouser and black roll neck jumper he'd worn that day. It had certainly moulded his body in a way the suit never could. How good that hard lean body had felt when she had pressed herself against it when she had ridden on his bike and later when they kissed.

The kiss. The memory of it still caused her lips to tingle a week later. She had been completely lost in the intensity of the moment, how had a mere brush of the lips ignited into blazing passion so wildly? If she were honest she'd kissed him to see what his reaction would be. A test to see if the speculation of the girls at the Dice had been right.

His reaction to the brush of her lips lightly against his, coupled with what she had been told about him, confused her. How was it possible for a gay man to kiss a woman like that? She shook herself, what a stupid thought, as if a gay man would be any less skilled at kissing. It was the uncontrolled nature of the passion at just the touch of his lips that confused her. Could a gay man kiss a woman like that, would he even want to? If they had been in private she had no doubt they would have ended up making love and she would have welcomed that. Another thought had occurred to her during a week spent examining the kiss, perhaps he was Bi. It wasn't unheard off. She'd never had a problem with the concept that you fell in love with the person not the gender and yet she knew she would be unwilling to develop their relationship if he were bisexual. Lord talk about getting ahead of herself; one kiss and she was thinking in terms of a relationship.

She'd wondered if she looked different when she returned home that night and if her Mum or Paul would notice; she certainly felt different. Her world had tilted on its axis. She was no innocent child, yet nothing had prepared her for the desire and hunger she felt when held by Ricky Deeming. When she'd walked back in the house the noise from the TV led her through to the living room.

"I'm back, sorry I'm late," she said.

"Are you love?" her Mum said quietly.

Alexandra sighed, Paul and her Mother hadn't even noticed she'd been out so they wouldn't notice any difference in her, lost as they were in their grief.

It was that grief and frustration at sitting around helplessly that had made her take the job here at Idunna. The police were doing their best but it wasn't enough. She'd seen the job advertised in the local paper and decided to apply. Maybe she could find out what Livvy had been doing at the party hosted by the film company. Any worries she had about being linked to Livvy by anybody at Idunna were pushed aside. It had seemed unlikely that anybody would see a connection, after all their surname was different. She'd rung up for an interview confident that her portfolio and London contacts would be enough to get her the job. She'd been right they had been. She felt guilty about not contacting Ricky but she had been busy learning the ropes and getting to know the other employees at Idunna. But now Ricky was here and she realised both him and Sanderson were heading her way. Hastily moving away from the window, she made herself look busy preparing for the photo shoot.