Temptations

Jayceon -

                 It was almost 5am when I finally pulled into the driveway. I got out locking the car and stumbling into the house. I was drunk as fuck, trying my best not too make too much noise. I pepped in the bedroom seeing that both Harlem and Amber were knocked out, I kissed their foreheads and turned off the tv. I went to our walk-in closet grabbing my hygiene bag and going to bathroom.

I undressed and turned on the water hoping in the shower. I lathered my body down, and once I was done I jumped out grabbing my towel and  drying off. I put on some deodorant and then a pair of boxers and basketball shorts. Feeling a lil hungry, I went into the kitchen to fix me a bite to eat.

Luckily, I didn't even have to do much Amber had left me a plate from dinner like she normally does but she hadn't cooked in a while so I wasn't expecting this. I wasted no time taking off the foil. I smiled wide seeing that my baby made steak, shrimps, garlic potatoes and broccoli. I popped it in microwave pressing start and then I grabbed a bottle of Fiji water from the fridge. Once my food was hot enough I opened the draw grabbing a fork, a napkin and going down to my man cave in the basement.

I decided on catching up On My Block. After eating and watching a few episodes I turned from Netflix to Spotify pressing on Biggie's Ready To Die album. The intro began and I grabbed my art supplies.

Amber has really convinced me to get back into my art, lately I had been drawing and painting more. K Dot was telling me that I should enter my work in this upcoming competition to win some legit doe. The grand prize was 10,000. That wasn't no money to me I made more in one night selling bottles and pills at the club, but Dot was right I needed to do something other than selling.

Once I was done with the piece I took a picture of it and posted it on my Instagram. Since I'd been posting my work I had gained more followers, mostly art galas, and art nerds asking me to draw certain things. I made a big cartel account, it was a website that most independent merchants used to sell product. I was selling my paintings, since I started I was making mad cheddar I didn't think people would be interested at first but here I am.

I put my phone back down and started back drawing something else this time I was using paint. I was just about to dip my brush in the red color when my phone buzzed a few times. I picked it up seeing that someone had requested to follow me on IG as well as two direct messages. I tapped on the notification, and put in my fingerprint. Diamond1986 has requested to follow you. I tapped on it and chuckled slightly it was the chick from the club. I scrolled through her IG, shawty was instagram famous apparently. I couldn't lie she was dead gorgeous. I liked a few of the pics and opened the direct message.

"Mmm," I said as I was greeted with a few pictures.

Like what you see? I started typing but then I deleted what I typed as well as her message. She was trying her hardest to get me, but I wasn't going. She sent another message but I didn't even respond. I just locked my phone putting it down and getting back to my art.

***

Amber -

"Mommyyyyyy do I have to read all day?" Harlem whined while putting the book down.

"No not all day baby, all you've been doing is watching tv and playing with your toys you need to do some work baby," I say back to him as I wrap the cord around the vacuum, I had just gotten done cleaning up the living room. Today was laundry and clean up day since I was off. Along with cleaning the living room, I cleaned our bedrooms and the bathroom, next was the kitchen. This house needed a deep clean bad. One thing I didn't want was a messy house.