29: Over Again

En başından başla

His eyes connected mine when he looked to the side, I stared at his blue eyes blankly as his eyes flashed an emotion. Something I can't read. He turned to the front again and took a deep breathe.

"This song is for someone special to me.." He started, "You know who you are." His eyes connected through mine again before he looked away for the second time, strumming his guitar.

My lips parted as I heard the familiar tune ring through the auditorium.

"Said I'd never leave her cause her hands fit like my t-shirt, tongue-tied over three words, cursed. Running over thoughts that make my feet hurt, body's intertwined with her lips. Now she's feeling so low since she went solo, hole in the middle of my heart like a polo, and its no joke to me. So can we do it all over again?"

It was like he was aking for another chance. But was I ready to give it to him. Hell to the no.

"If you're pretending from the start like this, with a tight grip, then my kiss can mend your broken heart I might miss everything you said to me, and I can lend you broken parts that might fit like this and I will give you all my heart. So we can start it all over again."

The song brought back a memory. The memory when I was washing the green paint off his hair.

"Can we take the same road two days in the same clothes and I know just what she'll say if I can make all this pain go, can we stop this for a minute, you know, I can tell that your heart isn't in it or with it. Tell me with your mind, body and spirit, I can make your tears fall down like the showers that are British. Whether we're together or apart, we can both remove the masks and admit we regret it from the start."

His gaze turned to me again, his eyes held a pleading emotion. Tears started to well up in my eyes, I blinked them away and looked away from Conan to the audience.

"If you're pretending from the start like this, with a tight grip, then my kiss can mend your broken heart I might miss everything you said to me, and I can lend you broken parts that might fit like this and I will give you all my heart. So we can start it all over again."

"You'll never know how to make it on your own and you'll never show weakness for letting go I guess you're still hurt if this is over. But do you really want to be alone? If you're pretending from the start like this, with a tight grip, then my kiss can mend your broken heart I might miss everything you said to me."

No, I don't want to be alone. I want to be with you. But you know I can't. You'll only hurt me. Again.

"And I can lend you broken parts that might fit like this and I will give you all my heart. So we can start it all over again. If you're pretending from the start like this, with a tight grip, then my kiss can mend your broken heart I might miss everything you said to me and I can lend you broken parts that might fit like this, and I will give you all my heart. So we can start it all over again."

Everybody clapped as Conan finished the song. He stood up and smiled at the audience, he bowed down before walking at the opposite side of the stage. He's definitely not a singer, but he's soft voice is all I wanted to hear.

"Violet it's your turn." The stage person mentioned.

Violet nodded and took the guitar, facing me, "I knew I shouldn't have snapped at the guitar man." 

I chuckled, "Good luck, Vi." 

She grinned at me gratefully and went to the stage, sitting at the stool Conan was on earlier.

"Hi!" Violet grinned, I laughed at her introduction, "Oh, right. I'm going to sing All You've Got To Do Is Fall In Love. I know, long title, right? But, it's an awesome song." She smiled, "Oh, I should start now."

She looked down at the guitar and started strumming, "I fought the guitar man because I was being stupid. So, I'm sorry dude." We laughed at her and quickly silenced when she started to get serious.

"Wouldn't it be sweet if you could be in love with me. The way that I'm in love with you it's so easy to do. All you've got to do is fall in love, all you've got to do is fall in love. All you've got to do is fall in love with me. All you've got to do is fall in love with me."

Chris. Obviously, it was about him. Or maybe used to be about him.

"And everyday you don't, it's wasted, and every night alone, it's your fault. The sweetest lips I've ever tasted, the only lips I'll ever want. All you've got to do is fall in love, all you've got to do is fall in love. All you've got to do is fall in love with me. All you've got to do is fall in love with me."

We all clapped for her as she jumped up and screamed at the microphone, "Thank you people!" With that said, she walked at the opposite side of the stage.

"Lena Carter." The stage man nodded at me. 

I nodded and went to the stage. A man took away the stool as I walked on the stage. I held the microphone stand and heard the music start.

"No, I can't take one more step towards you. 'Cause all that's waiting is regret, and don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore. You lost the love, I loved the most. I learned to live, half alive, and now you want me one more time.

And who do you think you are? Runnin' round leaving scars, collecting your jar of hearts and tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me. Who do you think you are?"

Our eyes connected once again, my eyes held a meaningful emotion and I'm guessing he caught it. He hid his expression and looked away from me.

"I hear you're asking all around, if I am anywhere to be found. But I have grown too strong to ever fall back in your arms. I've learned to live, half-alive and now you want me one more time. And who do you think you are? Runnin round leaving scars, collecting your jar of hearts and tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me. Who do you think you are?

Dear, it took so long just to feel alright, remember how to put back the light in my eyes. I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed, 'cause you broke all your promises. And now you're back, you don't get to get me back. And who do you think you are? Runnin' round leaving scars, collecting your jar of hearts and tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me, don't come back at all."

Violet swayed from side to side and I watched as Conan walked away. I'm pretty sure everyone knew who I was singing for, and the tears running down my cheeks made it more obvious.

"And who do you think you are? Runnin round leaving scars, collecting your jar of hearts and tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul. Don't come back for me, don't come back at all. Who do you think you are? Who do you think you are? Who do you think you are?"