Home Sick

I do not own Sword Art Online.

Third Person's POV:

It was summer time and the past few of days were hit with a heat wave. Asuna and Kazuto had finished their first year of college and were staying in America for the time being.

The couple woke up to a slightly warmer day than usual and as the day progressed, so did the heat. Kazuto was in the living room, wearing a gray shirt and long dark shorts, waving a paper fan to keep cool as he laid on the couch to conserve energy. "This heat is so unbearable," he said as he pulls the collar of his shirt. To keep his mind off the extreme heat, his eyes wondered around the room until he heard a familiar voice, "Done, that's the last of the laundry," Asuna said as she plopped onto the seat next to him. Since it was a sunny hot day, to save money, she decided to hang the wet laundry over the clothes line from the balcony.

The heat must've taken its toll on her as well as Asuna was forced to settle in a pair of white short shorts and a tight fitted red tank top that revealed much of her cleavage than she wanted to, but she couldn't stand the heat.

Kazuto gulped at the sight of her exposed legs, shoulders, neck, and especially the chest area. Asuna noticed where her lover's eye level was at and said, "Kirito, my eyes are up here."

Kazuto flinched, "Huh! Yes, you were saying?"

Asuna raised an eyebrow, but then shrugged it off. "It's too hot to do anything else."

"Yeah you said it," until an idea came into mind. "Hey wait, I got an idea." he quickly grabbed his wallet then kissed Asuna on the forehead before leaving out of the door. He also told her, he be out for a bit. She didn't know what he was planning, but simply shrugged.

45 Minutes later –

Kazuto arrives back to the apartment with a bag from the supermarket, down a few blocks away. "I got it!" he shouted once he got through the door way.

By the time, he arrived back, Asuna had started to unpin the hung laundry. "Oh, what did you get from the store?"

Kazuto smiled as he pulled out two bags of ice, some condense milk, and small flavor syrup bottles.

"Wait, are you thinking of making –"

He nodded his head with his signature smile, "yup, shave ice."

"Oh Kirito." She smiled, but then a thought occurred to her, "but wait. Do we have the proper equipment for the shave ice?"

"We can use an ordinary blender, that should work fine."

Kazuto then headed over the kitchen to make the shave ice while Asuna folded the laundry. Once it was all put away, Asuna joined the raven hair boy in the kitchen. He finished blending the ice then pour the soft ice into two bowls. Kazuto had lay out another bowl with a spoon to scoop the condensed milk and lined up the bottles of flavor syrup. The flavor syrup varied from strawberry, mango, banana, and blue Hawaiian.

"Sorry, the supermarket didn't have the flavors we normally would get back at home."

Asuna shake her head, "That's okay. It feels like home already."

"Here's some condense milk, it'll help make the shave ice come together with the syrup. Wished there were more toppings or something else fresh to go along with the shave ice."

"Oh," Asuna runs to the fridge, "we have some fruit in the fridge that could go well with the shave ice." She then pulls out a small bag of strawberries and cherries then two separate containers filled with slices of orange and pineapple. "We can experiment and stuff" she smiled.