Chapter Two

//💮 Sorry for the wait! I am getting quite busy with college and life. Okay maybe just college, cause I don't have a life! Okay I lied, I have one, just not a very good social life... But any who.. Here is the latest installment of the story! I apologize for the wait and I have no clue when I'll write the next chapter, but until then read this and tell me what you think! Now without further ado... Chapter two!! 💮//

"You'll be staying on floor sixteen." Pepper was explaining as she and Thor made their way down the hall towards the elevator. "I think the final plan is for you to have the top floor, so you're closer to the sky, but for right now it's being remodeled and with you coming on such short notice floor sixteen will do for now. It's not specified for you exactly, but it's really nice." she smiled as she stopped at the elevators.

"I wish to see Tony Stark, the Man of Iron." Thor replied simply while following her.

"He's waiting for you." Pepper told him with a smile, hitting the elevator button. There was a pause and then the doors opened, Pepper stepping through to the lift. She turned smiling at him as Thor simply stood still looking at the frame of the elevator, "Is there something wrong?"

"What is this?" Thor asked simply, in a confused manner.

"It's an elevator...to get us to the sixteenth floor." Pepper explained.

"I wish to take the staircase." Thor said simply.

"Seriously?" Pepper asked, her face falling from just imagining the climb. 'Why me?' she thought to herself

"Yes, where is it located?" Thor asked looking around the hall. Pepper let out a sigh and moved past him, walking to the far wall and pushing open the door that led to the stairwell that entwined throughout the entire Stark Tower, intended to only be used in an emergency situation.

Which of course Pepper had to fight for due to Tony claiming he didn't need a fire escape, he'd fly out of the burning building, but was challenged by Pepper questioning how she, Natasha, Captain, Clint and Bruce would get out. In the end she had won the fire escape fight.
_______________________
[Upstairs]

"What's taking them so long?" Bruce asked, glancing over to Tony.

"No idea." Tony replied and then glanced up, "Jarvis, is something wrong with the elevator?"

"No, sir." he replied in his robotic voice.

"Then where are Pepper and Thor?"

"They are taking the staircase, sir."

"The staircase...?" Tony questioned, glancing at Bruce to confirm that he had heard correctly. "Are you sure?"

It didn't take a few minutes before the door on the sixteenth floor leading to the staircase opened.

Thor, God of Thunder, was the first to reveal himself and upon his shoulders in a fireman's carry was Pepper, looking both embarrassed and relieved.

"You can put me down.." Pepper laughed nervously before squealing slightly as Thor placed her back down on the ground.

She was holding her shoes in her hand, smiling thankfully up at Thor.

"Miss Potts became weak on the sixth floor, and time could not be wasted. I assisted her the rest of the way." Thor explained.

"He's really strong." Pepper added with a smile, turning to look up at Thor who simply grinned in return and then looked to Tony and Bruce.

"Wonderful." Tony said rolling his eyes walking towards him, crossing his arms. "What can I do you for, Thor?" He asked raising an eyebrow.