49

****

"Black or white?", Maggie held up two crop tops, identical save the color. "White", I called at the exact same time Amber yelled, "Black!". I let out a giggle and shrugged, "Go with Amber's advice, she's much more fashionable than I am". Amber appeared and nodded knowingly, "She's right Mags". I nudged her playfully and went back to the tedious process of attempting to apply my winged eyeliner.

The towel wrapped around my body was soft and warm, my hair wrapped in a similar

one. I applied a light pink gloss to my lips and rubbed them together. "I cannot believe you convinced us to go to another bonfire", Skye said, running her fingers through her stick straight hair, still warm from the straightening spell Amber had now perfected.

"Look, there was no way I was going without my girls as back up", I said, scooting forward and grabbing my dark jeans off the edge of my bed. Slipping into them, I pulled on a deep red flannel and black boots. Pulling my  hair out of the towel, I quickly cast a drying spell and shook my head, letting the waves of my hair fall naturally just above my shoulders. "Plus, it'll be fun", I said with a grin, tossing a pair of socks to Liv, who had been frantically searching for them for the past ten minutes.

"I for one", Amber said, adjusting her skirt, "Am very excited". "I'm sure Tanner will be very excited too when he sees you in that", Skye said under her breathe. Amber reached over and hit her twins arm, causing only laughter, no real pain. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled slightly. I looked good, but like myself. It's always nice to feel good about yourself, but not because of what anyone else does or says, but just because you were simply you. And in this moment, I felt that.

"It's already 10:30!", gasped Amber. Liv rolled her eyes from the floor, "We'll be fashionably late". I picked up the pair of earrings she was looking for from the bedside table and tapped Liv on the shoulder. She glanced up and sheepishly took them. "I told Tanner I'd meet him at 10!", she gasped and in a flash, was gone. "I'm nowhere near being ready", Olivia said, a panicked edge to her voice. "Me either", said Skye, removing her contour for the fourth time that night.

I glanced at Maggie, who just shrugged and laughed. "Okay", I grabbed my wand and stuck it in my pocket, "You stay with Skye and Liv and make sure they get ready before the clock strikes midnight", I continued moving towards the door, "And I'll find Amber". Maggie saluted and said, "Sounds like a plan". I shot them a smile as I retreated towards the door and waved, calling out behind me, "See you later!".

****

    A few students were headed in the direction of the front doors of the castle. Tingling excitement was almost tangible in the air. As much as I hated to admit it, there was something so exhilarating about going out when you knew everyone else was going to sleep, about knowing something awaited you at the edge of the forbidden forest. Passing a couple a giggling Gryffindor girls, a flash of curly blonde hair caught my eye.

    "I see you found each other", I smiled, approaching the pair standing by the front door leading out of the Great Hall. "Yes, yes we did", grinned Tanner toothily. "Come on, let's go", Amber said, intertwining her hand in his and he nodded, waving goodbye to me. I stood there for a brief moment, watching them retreat into the cool evening.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing standing all alone?", an obviously fake and cheesy low voice sounded from behind me. I turned and placed my hand on my hip, "Hi, Calum". He grinned and pulled me into a warm hug. "Part of me thought you wouldn't show up", he said, his breath hitting the top of my hair.

We pulled apart. "You think so little of me", I pressed my hand to my heart in a joking matter. He just rolled his eyes and opened the door, ushering me out into the cold air towards a night I would never forget.

Author's Note:

Another bonfire...we remember what happened last time don't we? More updates to come, hope y'all enjoy this short chapter. Thanks so much for the votes and comments.

CCC