TWENTY

REACP:

sophia looked at jack, her eyes almost glowing.

she must know, jack realized.

"oh, i'm good!"

"yeah, amazing." jaeden spoke up, smiling. "my lips are kinda chapped though."

jack watched as sophia shot jaeden a look, holding back laughter.

"what, it's true! and it's spitting rain. is that the word? spitting? spitty? saliva?"

"it's not raining." finn said, unamused.

"oh, it's not? god, you're so right finn. i'm sorry. anyways, did you guys try tongue last night?"

jack coughed, obviously not expecting that. he let out a quiet "what?" and looked at jaeden.

"early yesterday morning, before jack was here and finn has woken up, andy brought around food from this restaurant that only makes brazilian food. they had beef tongue; andy thought it would be funny to make us eat some. we decided to try some during supper, but you guys were in the bathroom. you missed it."

"oh," finn said, his face turning a light shade of red. "no, sorry. no tongue. look, we'll be ready soon. let us get changed?"

sophia quickly jumped up, grabbing jaeden's wrist and pulling him out of the room, erupting into the laughter she was holding in as she got into the hall. finn quickly shut the door behind them, giving jack a look.

jack started giggling.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

MONDAY, JUNE 29th, 2020.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

as jaeden got pulled out of finn's room by sophia, leaving fack to themselves, he ran into wyatt, causing him to stumble back a bit. sophia let go of the grip on jaeden's wrist, giving him a small smile and a wave as she went out to the living area to join chosen and jeremy.

jaeden grew nervous. him and wyatt were okay; their friendship was as it had always been, which quite honestly, wasn't enough for jaeden anymore.

jaeden and wyatt always had things figured out. they were unproblematic. they were levelheaded. they never got into fights like finn and jack did; (even though jaeden knew that wasn't fack's fault. they just loved each other too much and couldn't come to terms with it.)

wyatt had always loved jaeden in a more than friends way.

and jaeden had only recently realized that he felt the same way too.

it was always there. wyatt had always been more touchy with jaeden, more intimate. wyatt's friends and family had dropped countless hints to jaeden about wyatt's crush. he was almost sure both of their families knew before the boys themselves knew.

"hi," jaeden spoke up, trying to break the awkward silence.

"i like you." wyatt blurted out suddenly, causing jaeden to go wide eyed. jaeden looked up at the boy, almost feeling his heart catch in his throat as he said those words.