THREE

RECAP:

the elevator dinged, signifying it opening, and jack quickly shut off his phone, shoving it in his pocket, a goofy smile on his face as he looked up.

jack's face dropped as he was greeted with a pair of familiar dark brown eyes.

eyes that he would recognize almost anywhere, with complimenting, almost non existent faded freckles scattered lightly across his nose and cheeks.

it was finn.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 20𝐓𝐇, 2020.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

jack was conflicted. as he stood in front of finn. finn's mother, mary, immediately smiled at jack and wrapped him in a hug, exclaiming about how tall jack had gotten, and how gorgeous he looked. jack felt his face go red at the hubbub and looked at finn, who was leaning on the elevator doors, not wanting them to close. jack quickly backed away from mary after a moment and looked at finn, before the taller boy opened his arms, stepping forward a bit. jack quickly wrapped his arm around the other boys torso, leaning his head on finn's chest. finn had that familiar smell of fresh laundry and grape body spray, and jack took a moment to listen to his heartbeat. he suddenly he felt 12 years old again, as if they were about to go film as eddie kaspbrak and richie tozier. their height difference was truly astronomical now; finn rested his chin on jack's head and then backed up, dropping his hands to his side.

"hi," he said quietly, and jack nodded before smiling. he hated how fake it all felt. if it had been a couple years earlier, jack and finn would've fallen to the ground hugging from the pure excitement of seeing each other. now they were two feet apart, almost seemingly scared of saying the wrong thing.

"would you like to come down with us jack? we were just heading down to dinner." mary said, almost sensing the silence between the two boys. "where's your mother?"

"oh! she's still getting ready. she told me to go down without her. and, uh, yeah, i'll come down with you. if you don't mind, of course." jack smiled as mary turned around to open the elevator again, since it had closed since their little reunion. as the elevator door dinged and they all entered again, jack replied to the basic questions mary asked him. how have you been? any new acting opportunities?  how's mom doing?

jack felt his heart speed up each time finn's fingers brushed his own in the small
elevator. the brunette boy next to him distracted him, and he hated it. as he looked up at finn, he couldn't help but appreciate how beautiful he was. jack had always thought finn was pretty, but now, at 17, puberty had successfully run it's course for finn wolfhard. he was attractive.

finn looked down at jack, and jack didn't look away. he saw a look flash across finn's face, (a look of guilt, maybe?) but it left as quickly as it appeared, and when the elevator dinged, finn didn't wait around. as soon as the door opened, he walked out into the lobby, jack trailing behind. mary took the lead, and jack realized he felt almost nauseous.

"are you nervous?" he whispered to finn, before he even realized what he was doing. finn met the other boys eyes and nodded slightly. "i missed everyone. it's just, weird, y'know?"

jack knew. he definitely knew. he wondered if finn had the same tingly, odd feeling in his stomach as jack did when their eyes met. he decided against saying anything and kept his mouth shut, watching as they approached the restaurant and mary told the waiter who they were meeting. jack wanted to talk to finn. but what would he say? hey, remember that time two years ago when we were super flirty with each other and i totally liked you, and we totally kissed, and definitely more than once, but i didn't know how to deal with my sexuality, and kissing my best friend, so here we are! haha!