Truth In The Journal☽31☾

Comincia dall'inizio

Hayley gave Aiden a look while Isabel sighed and approached him. "You need to listen to us. So do it."

Aiden looked away from her eyes and started to walk away, complying to the girl. Isabel turned around to see Hayley still standing there and she quickly brushed passed her little sister to catch up with Jackson who stood near the dock of the pond.

As she got closer she noticed he had just opened a can of beer. "So, are you gonna work on a rousing speech, or just get day-drunk?" She asked.

"Little bit of both." He admitted, honestly.

Isabel sighed and snatched the beer from him and looked at him in concern. "Jack, it's ten A.M."

"Which means no bueno on the alcohol," Hayley told him, standing by her sisters side.

Jackson turned away from the Paxon sisters and went to lean against the boat house. Next to him was a small table covered in books, and he grabbed a brown, leather-bound journal off of the top of a pile.

"You know, for months, I wrote down every single word Ansel said. The entire history of our people. If only I'd known he was Klaus' father, I would have asked him a hell of a lot more," Jackson told Isabel before walking beside her. "You know, I was up all night looking through this, trying to find something, anything that will help me figure out how to get our people back together." He tossed the book back onto the table and Isabel took that as a sign of no luck.

"Let me guess- no such luck?" Hayley asked, sadly.

Jackson sighed. "Nothing viable. And now, Ansel's dead... along with Ollie. So, forgive me if I need a beer, 'cause right now, I can use all the help I can get." Jackson grabbed his drink from Isabel and walked away.

Once he's out of sight, Isabel looked at the brown leather journal curiously before Hayley grabbed it and handed it to her.

"Let's see what Ansel has said." Hayley suggested as Isabel opened the journal and the two started reading.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Jackson swung his axe, chopping firewood near his trailer when Isabel and Hayley found him.

"You wanna stop playing mountain-man and explain why you kept this from me?" Isabel asked, holding up the brown leather journal, and Jackson sighed before dropping his axe. "Why don't I jog your memory?" She turned the page and started to read from the journal. "'The werewolves' power can be traced back to the myth of the Unification Ceremony, a ritual that bestowed certain unique abilities onto every member of the pack." Jackson looked guilty, but remained silent, not knowing what to say.

"Do you believe this?" Isabel asked as she shut the journal.

"I didn't at first." He told them. "And then Ansel swore he saw it with his own eyes. And then he dies, and I found out he was resurrected from a thousand years ago, which means he was alive to see it!"

"How did I not know about this?" Hayley asked.

"Neither of you grew up out here. Yeah, every kid grows up hearing the stories. Back in the day, werewolf bloodlines were all distinct, right? Some had speed, some had strength, some could sense enemies from miles away. Now, to evolve, we would perform a ritual. A shaman would marry the alphas of each bloodline, and then the special abilities of each would be... inherited, mystically, by everyone who participated in the ritual. See, after a few centuries, everybody had the same abilities unless you were the Queen of wolves or her children, so alpha marriages became political. They became about... power, about territory."