Behind her, Klaus was near tears as well and too overwhelmed to move. Isabel turned so Klaus can see his daughter which caused the two babies to coo happily again. The baby girls started to giggle when Klaus and Isabel both laughed and smothered them with kisses.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah were building a bonfire outside of the Mikaelson safe house while Isabel held Hope and Hayley held Rose.

"You don't know how relieved I was to find out the girl's were still alive," Hayley told her older sister. "And it makes a lot more sense to why you're mar-"

"Shh." Isabel interrupted her as she rocked Hope gently. "I haven't told any of them yet," she said softly.

"Well I'm just glad that everything is somewhat okay. And I understand why you didn't tell me about them. It was a smart choice."

"Thank you. I was a little worried you'd hate me for keeping them a secret."

"You're their mother. You were doing what you thought was best. I can respect that." Hayley smiled as she looked at Rose and making a funny face causing the baby to giggle.

"How's my little Hope?" Isabel asked smiling and tickling the babies foot. "Are you happy baby girl?" Hope just laughed in reply as Hayley smiled at them.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

"Curse on the first-born?" Rebekah asked putting her hands on her hip. "What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Well, according to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague. She was taken as payment by our aunt Dahlia, who then cursed all Mikaelson first-borns for eternity." Elijah informed them.

"Is any of this true?" Isabel asked with an unsettling look on her face as if she was about to cry but was holding it back. She just got them and almost solved one problem just for another to threaten to take her little Hope away.

"It is if we are to believe Finn, who learned it from the bastion of truth- our mother," Elijah told the mother of two.

"Well, no wonder Finn hates us." Rebekah told them. "He lost the sister he adored, and instead got a judgy pack of siblings who found him unbearably dull."

"Wonderful," Isabel said sarcastically. "Just wonderful."

"So, is there any chance of us running into your loony aunt Dahlia any time soon?" Hayley asked with a worried look in her hazel eyes.

"The fable's over a thousand years old. Dahlia is long dead." Elijah tried to reason with them as he placed more wood in the fire.

"Just like Esther?" Isabel retorted.

"No one's going to hurt Hope, because no one's going to find her or Rose." Klaus paused for a moment when he saw Rebekah add even more wood to the fire. "There's enough wood, Rebekah. You'll burn down the whole bloody state of Arkansas."

Rebekah rubbed her hands together excitedly as she returned to where her siblings were standing. "Well, we're just missing a key ingredient!"

Klaus sighed knowing what she meant. "No, we're not."

"Yes, we are, Nik!" Rebekah pouted. "Back me up, Elijah!" She pleaded with her older brother.