~I~

"I keep going, even when it hurts. I keep talking, even when I thirst. I am never going to give up, life is a maze, I am just a seedling, trying to find my roots. I will never stop looking because I know it is here, it's in me, it's part of me. "

Dedicated to Ann, I miss you, love.

My life is like a combination of tunes.

At one point it starts out slow and melodic, like a joyful event or encounter, and then there's this point where everything starts turning-in other words, the point when the tunes start to slowly grow louder and rapid. And the point where there's this time you want to flip and scream at everyone, the part that makes you vicious and angry.

And the last part is how I'm feeling right now.

Unfortunately, the record shop has sold out on Tyler Mossey's new song "I'm With You" that I've been saving up for for the past two weeks. Today is the day that they had finally had brought in the record, and it has been three hours, and they are all out of stock.

"Well shoot," I muttered. I knew I should've come earlier, but my body didn't seem to cooperate with me this morning.

Tyler Mossey was my inspiration. He had motivated me to show that I have a skill, and that skill was music, something that I have loved ever since I was in primary school. He is also a very good-looking man, with messy chestnut brown hair and oh-so-lovely sapphire blue eyes. But it's not only about his looks.

It's about how he originates his music. How he's so passionate into his music career. His wise words and lyrics that have put some inspiration into me and has encouraged me to keep going and never stop.

I've never met him face-to-face, but I have gone to a few of his concerts and waiting for his tour for his new album, "21". His birthday had passed about three to four weeks ago, and he has now turned twenty-one.

And yes, here I am, an eighteen-year-old music addict, swooning over him like a typical high school teenage girl obsessed with an oh-so-good-looking guy.

But to admit, I am one of those lunatic fangirls, but I'm not the "Oh my goodness, he's so hot I want to marry him," or that rubbish. There are a bunch of them at his concerts, those girls that would scream "MARRY ME TYLER! I WANT TO BECOME MRS. MOSSEY!" Yeah... No.

Okay enough babbling and ranting about Tyler, I think that's enough.

I stood up from the fluffy chair in the shop and waved goodbye to Ronald, the owner of the record shop. He smiled and waved back and the door chime rang as I opened the door.

As I stepped out, Tyler Mossey's previous song, "Never Ending Love" started to blast in the shop. I paused and listened to the lyrics.

"You were there when I needed you, you were there when I would cry... but baby part of you.. made me want to fly. I don't know if it was your smile, or if it was your happiness, but this love I have for you will last. It's never gonna end baby, it's never gonna end, because this is forever lasting, passionate, never-ending love."

I sighed. His voice, his words... every time I listen to him, I feel like I have a connection with his words, there's something in me, that felt so deeply tied to the lyrics.

But how is that possible? I have never loved someone romantically nor have I ever been in true love.

"Hey, Ronald?" I called, in a soft voice, and Ronald looked up from the counter. He answered with a small muffle.

"Have you ever felt so deeply connected to a song before?"

He sighed and looked up. "Yes, I have, many times," he looked at me and got up from his seat. He walked over to me. "I don't know why, but I have. There was this one thing my mother told me before she passed," As he stated his mother, his old, crinkly brown eyes started to fill with tears. I grabbed his wrist gently.

"What did she say?" I whispered.

"Music strikes fire from the heart of man, but tears from from the eyes of women," He quoted. "But right now it's the complete opposite since I'm crying and you're not." He let out a small chuckle.

"My mother loved music dearly. She had a connection to music, she used it to express her life. When I was a little youngster, she would always play the piano and sing to my little brother and I during bedtime. She had a voice an angel, and she's the one who gave me the motivation to have a strong connection with music. That's why I now work here, in a record shop," he started, face red and tears slowly trickled down his face.

"But when she died, I became miserable, I gave up on music, broke all my guitars and ripped all my songs. Until one day I found a record, I played it, and I heard my mother singing one song she made, called "My Love" her voice gave me a connection, and I started to grow hope again, because every time I would listen to her voice, it's like her spirit is with me, and it was." Tears started to rapidly trickle down his face, and he wiped them off with a sniffle.

I wiped a tear from my eye. My mother was nothing like his. She was abusive, she would neglect me, and one day I ran away, and stumbled into Ronald's record shop. He gave me a song for free, and when I heard the song, I felt a connection. That's the cause of my love of music. Ronald was an amazing and generous man, he was like a parent to me.

I've stayed with him ever since, and now I'm a college student, I visit him occasionally. He raised me like I was his own child. He sacrificed everything for me, and hearing him cry was the last thing I wanted to hear from him.

I wrapped my arms around him and sobbed into the shoulder of his grey poncho. "Thank you so much, Ronald, " I said, pausing between every word.

"Any time, Gracie,"

We stayed in the position for a couple more minutes, and I broke free and sighed.

"Well see you?" I grinned as I opened the shop door.

"Yes, see you,"

And with that, I walked out of the store.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I love this story so much, Ronald is so adorable.

This is my first ever story here on Wattpad and I'm so happy to be writing it!

Thanks for reading!~ acacia x ❤