Solutions, Pranks, and Underlying Problems

"WHAT? No way I'm going to do that!" I exclaimed, throwing her hands off my shoulders and standing up.

"You've got to, Johnny boy, if you really want Abel." Alaska said in an exasperated tone, "you've got  to apologize for what you did." She sat back on top of the trunk of her little blue mini coop and motioned to my empty seat. I took the message and sat back down, crossing my arms and looking anywhere but Alaska's eyes. "Fine, if you really think that's the only way." I knew she was right, what I had done was wrong. I had terrorized Abel through most of freshman year. I would criticize her and point out her flaws. I didn't think anything was wrong with it until Alaska had told me that I had made Abel lose all interest in me as a friend and as a crush. I had worked my way back up to friends through all of sophomore year. I had done everything in my power to get where I am now, well, everything except apologize.

Alaska nodded, "Good, good. Now we just have to think of a good way to apologize. She holds grudges and I know she hasn't forgiven you for all of the shit you pulled." I nodded, "Yeah, I know, I'm a dumb sack of shit for not thinking about apologizing."

"Hell yeah, you are. But it's okay, Johnny cause you're gonna fix this and Jonah and I will help." She perked up and grinned devilishly. "Speaking of, we should probably pull the guy out of his Mumford And Sons stupor." She jumped down from the trunk and waved her hand for me to follow her. She walked to the left hand passenger window, reached out her hand and tapped sharply on the driver side window cause Jonah to flinch so violently he accidently honked the horn.

Jonah practically fell out of the car,"What the fuck?! What was that for? You could've just opened the door like a normal person instead of scaring the shit out me!" He yelled to a doubled over Alaska, who was wheezing with her laughter.  She put her hand out in front of her, telling him to wait while she collected herself.

Through my own howls of laughter I somehow managed to make words, "Dude, you have to admit, it was funny as shit." Jonah looked down at the ground, huffed, and then smirked, "Fine, fine I guess it was pretty funny. Science, you guys are unbearable sometimes."

Alaska had finally straightened herself out and leaned her side against her car like a cool punk kid straight out of the movies, "Yeah, we're unbearable, but you fucking love us and you can't even deny it" topping it off with a sly wink. Damn, Jonah, and I thought I had it bad, you're fucking blushing, I thought you were over 'laska. I shook my head at the thought.

"Soooo, why did you guys interrupt my music? Did you think of a solution?" Jonah said while he closed the door to the little coop. Alaska pointed to me, "Johnny, if you'd do the honors of explaining to our poofy haired friend."

I stuffed my cold hands into my jacket pockets, "I have to apologize to Abel for freshman year." Jonah, to my fucking surprise, snorted. "That's it?" he looked between Alaska and I, "Seriously??" Alaska nodded her head, "I know, right? I bet you dumbasses thought it would be harder than that. Girls aren't as complex and you guys think we are. Since it's Friday maybe we should go to one of our houses to think of a good way to do it. Like in anything, the details matter."

Jonah piped up, "Parents won't be home for a couple days, we can go to my house right now." I nodded, "Yeah, good idea. Jonah and  will go in my Crapmobile and Alaska will follow." I looked to the two of them, Jonah standing hunched in his sweater and Alaska leaning back against her car in her black faux leather jacket, "Good plan?" Alaska laughed and yelled "GOOOOO TEAM!" as she got into her car after putting the lawn chairs back into her trunk. We didnt even bother asking why she had lawn chairs in the first place. With Alaska it's better not to ask.

As I drove out of the parking lot Jonah smirked at the mini coop in the side mirror, "She's crazy." "More like you're crazy for her," I teased. "Shut up, Johnny." he growled and threw a old balled up receipt from the floor at me. I dodged and giggled, "What's with you and throwing things?"