"I Will. Thanks again, Danielle. It's really kind of you." He said with a polite smile.

I looked at him.

"No problem."

I couldn't stare at him but I really wanted to.

He just stood there for a few seconds. He did not say anything.

"So..."

"Are you heading straight to bed, or...?" As he was asking I didn't know the answer to his question.

"I don't know. I haven't thought about it."

I smiled a little.

"Okay." He smiled calmly.

"Then... sleep tight." He said.

Oh.

Maybe he wanted to go to sleep now?

I took a step out from the kitchen.

"You too. I will find some blankets and pillows for you." I smiled.

"Should I help you with anything?" He asked politely.

"You don't have to. I think I can manage to drag a pillow and a blanket from my bedroom."

I found myself blinking at him.

"Whatever you say." He said with a smile. He took everything so calmly. I like that.

"Yes. Even though it would be easier if I didn't have to." I joked.

"If I slept beside you, you mean?" He looked around for a few seconds before he looked at me once again.

"That's the only way I don't have to drag everything onto the couch." I joked whilst giggling a little.

"Well. I wouldn't mind." He said as he stepped closer.

Wait.

What?

I froze a little. Not sure I got it right.

"You wouldn't?" I asked nervously.

"No?" He suddenly sounded confused. I said it as a joke - I didn't think that he would play along.

"Sounds lovely." I smiled trying not to let the joke mean anything to me.

"I... Think I'm a bit confused by now..."

"I mean - are you asking me to sleep beside you or not?" He slowly raised a brow.

Oh.

I gazed a little.

"I think I was joking." I said.

Oh god. I took my eyes off him.

He wouldn't in serious manner sleep beside me.

"Oh." He laughed a bit.

"Well.... goodnight then."

I smiled.

"Okay. Goodnight Sam." I said. I walked into my bedroom where I could grab the pillow and blanket from my bed. I placed it on the couch. I really wished he could sleep beside me. But it wouldn't be right. It wouldn't be real. Why should he? So after that I went to bed quite quickly.

"Last night was just a misunderstand and a bad joke." I said.

"Yeah well.. You can't blame a guy for trying can you?" He said - I could sense, that he was joking. But something inside me was hoping that he was flirting with me.

"I don't blame you for anything." I smiled.

I slowly took a step towards the kitchen. I really needed those painkillers now, my head.

"And I didn't thought you took it seriously."

"Of course I did." He said as he follow me to the kitchen. I could sense him standing a few steps behind me. I opened one of the kitchen cabinets.

"Why?" I asked carefully. I wouldn't get my hopes up. He was a lot older than me.

"Because.. Who wouldn't want to sleep beside a pretty girl?" He asked me with a shrug. He smiled ever so sweetly. I took a pill out and filled a glass of water.

"Thank you."

"You need some?" I asked. I didn't know what else to do. So I took myself offering him pills.

"No thanks."

"I'm Scottish - I can drink quite a lot." He said with a little laugh.

"I could tell. You did drink a lot of whisky." I smiled after I took the pill to calm my headache.

"I did."

"It's in my blood, I guess." He said - once again - with a little laugh.

"It's a Scottish thing." I smiled a little. I've never spoken this much to him.

"Yeah... So... do you have any plans next saturday?" I thought about it.

"I don't think so." I shook my head.

"Not what I can think of." I answered.

"Do you want to come to my party?" He asked me after a little while. Party?

"What party?" I asked.

I looked at him again. Damn that shirtless body.

"My birthday party actually." He Said with a small smile.

"I am hosting a small event. I would love it, if you would come."

Was it possible for me still to be drunk?

"Yeah. Of course."

"And congratulation on your birthday." I couldn't stop smiling.

"Thanks." He laughed.

"So I can count you in?" He asked me with a hopeful tone in his voice.

I wanted to join his party. He personally invited me.

"Yeah. I'll be there." I said still smiling.

Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up. But he wanted me there.

"Great!"

"I'll look forward to that then." He said with a smile.

"Me too."