i'll meet you there - @roadienoel

written by the lovely @roadienoel 

based (loosely) off meet you there by 5SOS

-x-

wish I was with you and every night I slept, I dreamt I was with you.

It crossed his mind, almost daily, since Overload split up. He missed it as soon as it was over. Performing with his band mates. Being close with them. Having them to talk to. And just having those close friends there for you no matter what. He missed all of them, but one in particular.

What it felt like to have that particular blonde close to him. Talking to him. Holding him. Sometimes even being held by him, despite how much smaller he was.

They'd been so close, and it seemed like all that went to crap as soon as the band had broken up. Sure, they still texted and whatever else, but they never even hung out anymore.

That didn't stop Sonny from thinking and dreaming about what it would be like if they did hang out. Andy would still be so much shorter than him, so that when they hugged his face would end up buried in Sonny's chest. Andy would still have the same fake blonde hair that Sonny would nuzzle his face into. They would still have the same late-night conversations. They would love each other the same. No matter what else changed, their love for each other never would.

no matter where you go, you know I'd wait for you

Andy had moved on quickly after Overload. He'd found himself a new band. He'd gotten Rye, Brook, Jack, and Mikey. But he could never forget his favorite dark-haired boy. The one who held him anytime he'd needed it. The one that was never afraid to be emotional with Andy. He never tried to hide what he was feeling, and that was something Andy missed. Deeply.

They'd made a promise before they left each other. That they'd never forget each other. And Andy did more than just remember Sonny. He missed him. He had a gut feeling that they would be reunited. Eventually. He would wait for him. No matter what.

so, you go your way and I'll go mine and if we're meant to, I'll meet you there

Sonny couldn't stop Andy from moving on. Being in a boyband was his dream. What kind of friend was he if he got in the way of that?

Andy probably moved on; forgot about the promise they'd made each other. Sonny sure didn't, but he was still living his boring little life. He didn't have friends and band mates to keep him company all the time.

He kept up all hope that him and Andy would run into each other again. Maybe in a coffee shop or something romantic like that. But do those things really happen in real life? Maybe just a regular old store. That was probably more likely. Not that either one was likely at all. They'd probably never meet again. But Sonny liked to imagine what would happen if they did.

we can't speed up the hands of time but if we're meant to, I'll meet you there

Andy knew. He just knew. They were going to meet each other again. Eventually. He just knew it. But he didn't know when. He got anxious thinking about it. But Andy was a firm believer in fate. And that everything happens for a reason.

They were pulled away from each other for a reason, if only just to realize how much they needed each other. If it was meant to be, they would meet each other again. Eventually, they would. It might take a while. Years, maybe. But it would happen. It had to. It would happen when it was supposed to. Timing was everything.

When it's physical, I can't keep track of days

There were times when Sonny didn't think he could go any longer without him. That he needed to figure out exactly where Andy was at so that he could drop everything and go to him. He was just craving the physical touch from Andy. Running his fingers through Sonny's hair. Resting his head between Sonny's neck and shoulder. Cuddling into his chest. All of it. It wasn't the same with anyone else. It wasn't Andy. Of course, no one else was the same. No one could replace the faux blonde.