Chapter Thirteen | Dayside

Start from the beginning

Penelope is seventh in the line of succession to the British throne, after her father, The Duke of Sussex.

09:23 AM · 8 Jan 2020

-

12 April 2020

Members of the British Royal Family including Prince Nicholas of Luxembourg attend the traditional Easter Sunday church service at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on April 12

-

As Beatrice had planned, on after a traditional Easter Sunday church service, everyone returned to Windsor Castle including her mother. Beatrice was nervous to announce her pregnancy to her family but she needed to do it before it was announced in Luxembourg.

"Are you ready?" Nicholas asked as he sat next to her while everyone was having tea and eating cake.

"Yes." She answered.

"Excuse me, I can have everyone's attention, please. Beatrice and I have announcement to make." Nicholas said as he helped Beatrice stand up.

"Wow, I'm really nervous, okay. Well, I'm pregnant!" Beatrice said as the room broke out into cheers and clapping.

-

27 April 2020

The Christening of Princess Penelope: Guests and Godparents

The following guests will attend Princess Penelope's christening today at the Church of St Mary Magdalene, Sandringham:

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall

Tracey Sumner

Arthur Goulding

Isabel Crann

Jordan Williams

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank

Princess Penelope's godparents and their spouses.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have asked the following people to be godparents to Princess Penelope, all of whom are friends or family of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex:

Princess Beatrice, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg

Hannah Lowe

Zara Tindall

Captain Mark William Galloway Dyer

Nicholas van Cutsem

Alex Goulding

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will walk from Sandringham House to church with their daughter.

Princess Penelope will wear the hand made replica of the Royal Christening Robe, made by Angela Kelly, Dressmaker to The Queen.

The Lily Font and water from the River Jordan will be used during the baptism.

Following the service, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will give a tea at Sandringham House. Guests will be served slices of christening cake, which is a tier taken from The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding cake.

-

August 2020

Pregnant Princess Beatrice Dazzles at Last Public Appearance Before Her Due Date

Princess Beatrice, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg ticked off the last official event on her calendar today before she's due to give birth in September.

"I can hold my stomach now!" she joked to reporters on Wednesday.

The pregnant princess stayed at the event until after lunch, allowing time to catch her breath before a scheduled appearance later at the event's charity dinner.

Last weekend, Beatrice and Nicholas enjoyed a weekend break on the Baltic island of Gotland, where the mom-to-be happily posed for a picture with a local fan on Saturday.

The princess was "approachable, friendly, lively and beautiful," Jenny Maria Svensson wrote on Instagram.

-

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex ✔️
@TheRoyalSussex

🎊 10 years ago today — thank you for your lovely messages on Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding anniversary!

12:00 PM • Aug 23 2020 • Twitter for IPhone

-

The Duchess of Sussex appointed to the Royal Victorian Order

Published 23 April 2020

The Queen has been pleased to make the following appointment to the Royal Victorian Order.

To be a Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order (GCVO) - HRH The Duchess of Sussex.

Notes to editors

Awards in the Royal Victorian Order are made personally by The Queen, for services to the Sovereign.