Chapter 1

Author's Note: Hi guys! This is my first fanfiction, so I apologize if it's not the best. Anyway, enjoy!

I do not own Fairy Tail, all rights go to Hiro Mashima.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Lucy's P.O.V.~
It had been a little over a year since Lucy Heartfilia had joined Fairy Tail. She now sat alone in her apartment, working on her novel. She was very concentrated, the scenes coming into her head as if she was watching a movie and rewriting the dialogue. She was so concentrated that she didn't hear her fellow comrade enter her apartment, that when he tapped her shoulder she stood up, and fast as lighting, punched him.
"Ow! What was that for?" Her pink-haired friend asked.
"Natsu! You scared me!" Lucy said.
"Yeah, and you punched me." He said, rubbing his nose.
Lucy scratched the back of her head, embarrassed. "Yeah, sorry about that. You shouldn't creep up on me like that! How'd you get in here anyway?"
"Through the window, of corse. How else?" Natsu said, walking over to Lucy's bed and flopping down on to it. "How many times do I have to tell you, go through the door!" Lucy said through gritted teeth.
Natsu stretched out on Lucy's bed, obviously making himself at home. "The window is quicker." He said, closing his eyes. Lucy sighed. "What did you want, anyway?" She asked.
Without opening his eyes he said, "I accepted a job on the Request Board, so I was wondering if you wanted to go."
"Sure, my rent's due soon so why not?" Lucy said, putting her unfinished novel in a drawer.
Natsu sat up. "Then let's get going."