Chapter 1

"FRANCESCA MARA WALTERS!!! GET OUT OF BED THIS INSTANT!!!" my mom hollered from downstairs. I hate Mondays.

Not being a morning person was probably something everyone has in common, even me, considering who I was.You'd think that I'd be ecstatic to wake up every morning to pamper myself for the day, but I was not. Lucky that I miraculously fast at getting ready! It's like I woke up looking perfect! Which I guess I did.

I rolled out of bed, not wanting to push my luck too much on being able to pull myself together, and strolled into the bathroom of my master bedroom/suite. I took my time showering and getting ready (brushing my teeth, moisturizing, applying makeup, etc.). When I finally finished, half an hour had gone by, and my mom yelled at me some more because I'd taken so long. School started in ten minutes!

Luckily, if I drove a bit over the speed limit, I could get to school in time with my trusty white BMW. Ugh, I really hoped I didn't get pulled over again for going over the limit - Officer Brady may not be that merciful next time!

I rushed downstairs. My mom shoved a fat-free breakfast bar at me, and hollered that she better not get a late notice from the principal. I hollered back that that would never happen, because the principal loved me too much. I grabbed my keys, and hustled outside to my car.

As I drove to school (a bit over the speed limit, but I was following traffic!), I realized that I had to make Kasey Grout's life miserable again today. Ugh, did people really think I liked doing this? It was for their own good, couldn't they see that? Obviously, they couldn't, because most people at my school fear me instead of adoring me for the purpose I serve. Kasey really was a lucky girl. She got her Prince Charming, and I had to start over again at another school!

I tapped my manicured fingernails on the dashboard, pondering how to best mock Kasey Grout. It was really not my fault she was born with such an unfortunate last name! I figured I'd find a way to taunt her name, since I couldn't come up with anything more original.

I arrived at school with less than a minute to spare and hurried to my first class, English. My posse of loyal clones all wave at me eagerly. I smile and wave back, confidently strutting into my seat next to my "closest" friend, Astrid Connors. She's still one of the "dress like me, act like me, try as hard as possible to be me" people, but she's kind of my co-queen bee. Except she's like my wingman, or should I say wingwoman.

Also, she doesn't know about us. People like her are always the ones who would be the queen bee, if it were not for us. It's a pity, because Astrid is so pretty. But I am more so, because I radiate beauty and power. But I'm also physically attractive, if you know what I mean.

Astrid leans over and whispers to me,"So did you get to hook up with my brother yet? You two are perfect for each other, and after that date on Saturday, you guys are sure to get together!"

Her brother is the infamous Tom Conners, AKA my partner. He's the male version of me. Unfortunately, when the Agency was selecting candidates for the role of male Beautiful One USA, Astrid's brother heard about it and thought it was a beauty pageant, which in a way, it is. With his classic good looks and natural arrogance, he decided to audition. He won, of course. I didn't know him back then.

But now he's my 'partner' for this last year of high school, and we can choose whether we want to get romantically involved or not. Or even better, we can cause a scandal that will leave our legacy behind even years after we "mysteriously" vanish, with the help of the Agency.

I debate whether or not to tell her about the mishap that occured moments after she waved me off for my date with him on Saturday. Nah. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Instead, I say,"No, we haven't hooked up yet, but who knows? I might just have to catch his attention by other means!" I add a devilish smile and a wink so she know what I'm really insinuating.

She sees the conniving gleam in my eye and smiles. Good, she believes me. Maybe this won't be so hard after all.

Astrid shrugs, playing along. "Alright, however you want to do it!" You'll get your way, and if you don't, I'm right here to help!" She gives me a conspiratorial look.

I sigh, pretending to be enamored by Tom, and daydreaming about him. Really, I'm sighing in despair at the long and boring day ahead of me. I wonder how many boys in my grade will ask me out today! It's pathetic how only two asked yesterday......am I losing my attractiveness?

A/N: Ok, this is a new story. Like my first one that I think might turn out okay, you know? Well, vote, comment, it would make my day, blah blah blah. Seriously, it's just one click on that little star! And I lurve comments....