6 ~ "do you trust me?"

Start from the beginning

"If you say so, Buck." He gives in, sitting back in the chair and getting comfortable. "You think she'll be ready for the mission?"

"Yeah, for sure. She's a lot stronger than anyone actually realises, she'll be okay. And I'll be there to look out for her anyway." I reply and Steve nods but still looks a bit nervous. He just wants to look out for his best friend and make sure she's safe.

"Good. But Bucky...if she comes back hurt or damaged, I-"

"She won't, I swear. You trust me right?" I ask as Steve fiddles with his fingers in his lap.

"I trust you."

*Your POV*

You walk to the couch and join Natasha and Wanda in watching the movie in the living room. You watch with them for a bit before you see Bucky and Steve walk in, walking towards the kitchen. You follow them with your eyes before turning back to the movie, catching Nat giving you a 'look' out of the corner of your eye.

"What?" You giggle and she rolls her eyes.

"What was that?!" She laughs and you furrow your eyebrows together in confusion, pretending like you didn't just stalk Bucky and America's ass all the way across the room. "You're a creep." Nat teases so you throw the nearest pillow at her, hitting her right in the face.

"Woah! For someone who's not an Avenger you have pretty good aim." Wanda laughs, eyes still glued to the movie. Nat scoffs and throws the pillow back at Wanda who expertly uses her power to throw it back in your face, not even flinching or touching the pillow.

"Hey! What did I do?!" You laugh and Nat laughs louder at you. You throw the pillow back at her and she places her hand on her chest and pretends to be hurt, making you chuckle. Nat attempts to throw it at you again, but fails miserably, the pillow flying over your head and hitting someone else in the face.

You snap your head around when you hear the impact and see Bucky narrowing his eyes at all of you with a smirk on his face, knowing that Nat has just started something that she won't be able to finish.

All in the heat of the moment, Steve runs over to Nat who both jump behind the coffee table, Wanda mumbling an 'uh-oh' before following them. You decide the best defence is behind the couch so you jump over the back of it, ducking down and hiding, Bucky doing the same.

You giggle as Bucky hands you a pillow to throw at them which hits Steve perfectly in the face. You roll your eyes at how when he's on missions he's able to deflect everything but when it's a pillow, he can't. I guess he needs his shield.

You hide back behind the couch as Bucky takes a few pillows off the couch, launching them straight at the enemies on the other side of the room. You lay with your back on the ground, hands covering your mouth and laughing so hard you can barely breathe. All of a sudden, Bucky gets hit with a pillow and falls back onto you. He manages to dodge you and not fall straight on top of you by placing his hands on either side of your head, holding himself above you with his hair tickling your nose, making you let out a reluctant giggle.

"Uh...sorry." He mumbles, feeling embarrassed but still without moving, seemingly infatuated with you for a few moments.

"Is this what it's gonna be like on the mission? This is how you'll protect me from Hydra?" You giggle out, lightening the mood but also not knowing where this sudden urge to be nice to him is coming from.

"You bet." He chuckles and relaxes instantly. You can't help but get lost in his bright blue eyes.

"Really?" You ask him sounding more hopeful than you wanted to let on, turning serious as his gaze on you intensifies.

"I-I mean...yeah." He stumbles and you smile forcefully. Every time you think about the mission you get nervous. Bucky notices so he speaks up again. "Do you trust me?"

"I dunno Barnes." You smirk, turning the mood into a cheeky one again, still not really wanting Bucky to get off of you. I mean...the company is nice. That's the only reason, definitely not because you're starting to warm up to him. You tell yourself as a smirk arises on Bucky's face. "You're gonna have to give me a reason to trust you."

"Okay...how about this?" He asks and you give him a confused look for a second before he gets off of you and throws back every single pillow the others were throwing over at you two while you were having your 'moment', using his metal arm for more power.

The pillows hit Wanda, Steve and Nat in the face so they duck back behind the coffee table again for protection from
him. He looks back down to you, still laying on the floor, for approval and you giggle and nod.

"Yeah, that'll do it."

Hiii!!

I know it's been a bit since i updated but i've had mad writers block and also ive been going through some shit so yea :) hope you guys understand xx

anywayyyy...hope you like this chapter!! i've already hit 200 reads and i seriously cannot thank you guys enough like omgggg that's crazy!! you're the best i can't thank you enough i don't even know what to say i'm so happy ahhhh

side note: that photo of sebby omg woah 😻

okay okay i'm done :,)

thanks for reading!!

love y'all <33